DRC breaking news -- UNT in market for new naming rights partner for Apogee Stadium

Brett Vito

17 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

Honest question...I saw that Ryan donated 1 million to athletics in 2015, but has he had any other big donations?  There's the obvious 30 mill to the Business school, but I don't recall hearing any big donations for any sports besides 2015.  You here about the Lovelace's, McNatt's and Warranch's, but not him.  The reason why I ask is because some say it should be named after him and I was curious as to why?  Am I missing other donations or are we expecting a big donation from him (please let this be the case)?  I know he's a platinum level donor as well.  

Not named after him, but his company purchasing the naming rights.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Not named after him, but his company purchasing the naming rights.

Appreciate it. 

Also, while doing research on his donations I came across this on the donations website.  Please God say we have more than just these people/companies that donate at these levels and they are just showing a select few.

If this is correct, things are worse than I thought and we just lost two of our top 20 donors with Wren and Apogee leaving.  And UNT office of Advancement and Mean Green Sports properties are donors? Our own institution is donating to us?  That's like when your parents would buy from your lemonade stand because you didn't have any customers.  Smatresk also got a family member to give money. Someone say this isn't correct, please.

Screenshot_20230106_210510_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Green Crazy
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Green Crazy said:

Also, while doing research on his donations I came across this on the donations website.  Please God say we have more than just these people/companies that donate at these levels and they are just showing a select few.

It would be an insult to the biggest donors not to list them on that page, unless they specifically asked not to be named.

And who would do that? Every time I send a sawbuck to UNT athletics I want it shouted to the rafters that I support the program.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, rcade said:

It would be an insult to the biggest donors not to list them on that page, unless they specifically asked not to be named.

And who would do that? Every time I send a sawbuck to UNT athletics I want it shouted to the rafters that I support the program.

Wishful thinking. I know the answer. 

On 1/6/2023 at 9:47 PM, Green Crazy said:

Appreciate it. 

If this is correct, things are worse than I thought and we just lost two of our top 20 donors with Wren and Apogee leaving.  And UNT office of Advancement and Mean Green Sports properties are donors? Our own institution is donating to us?  That's like when your parents would buy from your lemonade stand because you didn't have any customers.  Smatresk also got a family member to give money. Someone say this isn't correct, please.

Screenshot_20230106_210510_Chrome.jpg

The "Hub Club" sponsorship is only $20k a year?  Or is this just their yearly supporting the program donation?

I think we need a Green Energy corporate sponsor preferably one specializing in Wind.  Partner with our Engineering College also.  What better way for a Wind Turbine company to get some free press specifically by installing new components to our windmills that increase efficiency and maybe power the whole athletic complex on that side of I-35 with power to spare.  I can hear the ESPN announcers saying "this broadcast is completely off the power grid and power by your company's name here wind energy"

• Eye Roll 1