DRC breaking news -- UNT in market for new naming rights partner for Apogee Stadium

Brett Vito

1 hour ago, AsianEagle said:

Sorry, what I meant was Joe Green Field at Ryan LLC Stadium.

Are you kidding?  Joe Greene is like 80 years old.  Nobody knows who he is anymore, nor cares.

When I was your age, I walked to Fouts Field from home for every game, uphill, in knee deep snow.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Downvote 2

23 hours ago, Rudy said:

I still can't believe we had the audacity to say that, or the best band in the land when we hosted Texas So.

Some website bestowed that title on the Green Brigade.   They didn't come up with it on their own.  Oh, and they are better than the Texas So. Band.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/4/2023 at 10:58 PM, UNTLifer said:

Are you kidding?  Joe Greene is like 80 years old.  Nobody knows who he is anymore, nor cares.

When I was your age, I walked to Fouts Field from home for every game, uphill, in knee deep snow.

not a good statement about the greatest football player that ever played at UNT,  and one of the best alums you will ever meet.  it is not true that no one cares anymore!!!  

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, 9299 said:

not a good statement about the greatest football player that ever played at UNT,  and one of the best alums you will ever meet.  it is not true that no one cares anymore!!!  

I believe you missed the sarcasm.  

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

Honest question...I saw that Ryan donated 1 million to athletics in 2015, but has he had any other big donations?  There's the obvious 30 mill to the Business school, but I don't recall hearing any big donations for any sports besides 2015.  You here about the Lovelace's, McNatt's and Warranch's, but not him.  The reason why I ask is because some say it should be named after him and I was curious as to why?  Am I missing other donations or are we expecting a big donation from him (please let this be the case)?  I know he's a platinum level donor as well.