DRC breaking news -- UNT in market for new naming rights partner for Apogee Stadium

Brett Vito

4 hours ago, UNT Mean Green said:

Winstar or Choctaw Stadium sounds great!

I could see the "Winstar Wing" becoming a thing.

Promo: Sit in the wing section during a home game and get two free drinks at Winstar after each win.

Edited by C Rod
  • Upvote 6

3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

The article states the opposite, so which is correct?

Also, I am curious to know if there was a buyout or did they just walk away?

I would prefer the stadium be named after a historical figure associated with North Texas and then add the corporate name to that like ATT Jones Stadium at Tech for example.

I would love to see Coach Mitchell honored in some manner.  How about Ryan-Mitchell Stadium or Winstar Mitchell Stadium?

The article doesn't state the opposite. It says UNT receives "a portion" of it in cash. It seems reasonable to assume that said portion is less than half ( I think vito at the time unearthed the numbers but I forgot since.)

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Brett Vito said:

Near the bottom of the story.

I am either missing it or misunderstanding something.  I read the article and took from it that Apogee was paying us $1 million per year, some of that in cash and a little in services which had nothing to do with ending the contract.  Regarding the "out" on the agreement, you wrote that there were three options, didn't explain what those were, and they took the second option, don't know what that is.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Dos Equis Stadium!  Instead of paying the athletic department, they just have free beer so that the fans will come out in droves!  Jared can collect his $ from ticket sales and concessions!  After enduring the past 50 years of football, the fans deserve 10 years of free drunks!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

With all due respect, not that you deserve any for that comment, screw you.  I knew Coach Mitchell and you would never meet a better man.  I am also friend's with his family and they are all great people and still support the university.  He built a program into a winner in his second year and is our most successful coach ever.  Plus, he was brave enough to integrate the team way before the major football, the SWC and SMU with Jerry Levias.  History always brings value regardless of what some dumbass twenty-something like you believes.

We need money. That's not it. It'd be neat, but neat don't pay bills. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

UNT band is much better than TSU, based on music ability not marching.  

drumline, totally agree....actual band/marching/showmanship....no way....but give me the drumline against anyone on the planet

• Haha 2