DRC breaking news -- UNT in market for new naming rights partner for Apogee Stadium

Brett Vito

If you name both the stadium and the field, keep in mind that the field is at the stadium, not the reverse.

O’Riley’s Field at Interstate Battery Stadium.

So is the current contract offered the balance of the original Apogee agreement ?  10 years for $10 mil ?

(If you can sort through the crazies, GOMEANGREEN.com is always the best and fastest source of reliable Mean Green information.)

Edited by greenjoe

12 minutes ago, xyresic said:

I think this is good, the deal could have been much better since much of that money was for services rendered rather than actual cash. At the bowl game they said Toyota and a few others names have been in contact.

Also, I thought I remembered folks complaining about the actual quality of those services to boot. I assume neither side was really happy with the contract in the end.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, xyresic said:

I think this is good, the deal could have been much better since much of that money was for services rendered rather than actual cash. At the bowl game they said Toyota and a few others names have been in contact.

I mean it’s a great location fpr eyeballs with all the eyeballs on I35.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, xyresic said:

I think this is good, the deal could have been much better since much of that money was for services rendered rather than actual cash.

The article states the opposite, so which is correct?

Also, I am curious to know if there was a buyout or did they just walk away?

I would prefer the stadium be named after a historical figure associated with North Texas and then add the corporate name to that like ATT Jones Stadium at Tech for example.

I would love to see Coach Mitchell honored in some manner.  How about Ryan-Mitchell Stadium or Winstar Mitchell Stadium?

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

33 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

The article states the opposite, so which is correct?

Also, I am curious to know if there was a buyout or did they just walk away?

I would prefer the stadium be named after a historical figure associated with North Texas and then add the corporate name to that like ATT Jones Stadium at Tech for example.

I would love to see Coach Mitchell honored in some manner.  How about Ryan-Mitchell Stadium or Winstar Mitchell Stadium?

Ryan-Mitchell Stadium sounds wonderful!

• Upvote 1