Breaking: North Texas lands Louisiana Safety Transfer

TheReal_jayD

He hit the portal back in August. If you follow his Twitter posts, he was retweeting UNT football back in October. Makes me wonder if he was coming here anyway (even if SL was still the coach).

Edited by Marty
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, outoftown said:

Am I correct that he did not play in his year at the cajuns?

According to Vito's article he was committed to their 2022 class, but elected to transfer August 25, 2022. Sounds like he got to campus and figured out quickly he didn't want to be there. That means he probably only went through the beginning of fall workouts and wanted out.

Edited by Venson
  • Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

3 hours ago, Glory to the Green said:

His twitter bio says he runs a 10.9 100. I hope he never has to run 100 yards on a single play.  😂 

10.9 is certainly not fast at all. However, I ran track so we would have considered you slow at that speed, but he looks like he hits.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Venson said:

10.9 is certainly not fast at all. However, I ran track so we would have considered you slow at that speed, but he looks like he hits.

That is plenty fast for any position.  It means he runs in the 4.5 range in a 40.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

9 minutes ago, Venson said:

According to Vito's article he was committed to their 2022 class, but elected to transfer August 25, 2022. Sounds like he got to campus and figured out quickly he didn't want to be there. That means he probably only went through the beginning fall workouts and wanted out.

because, Lafayette.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, Venson said:

According to Vito's article he was committed to their 2022 class, but elected to transfer August 25, 2022. Sounds like he got to campus and figured out quickly he didn't want to be there. That means he probably only went through the beginning fall workouts and wanted out.

Staff that recruited him left. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Venson said:

According to Vito's article he was committed to their 2022 class, but elected to transfer August 25, 2022. Sounds like he got to campus and figured out quickly he didn't want to be there. That means he probably only went through the beginning of fall workouts and wanted out.

It looks like he was recruited by Napier's staff. He probably got there with the new coaching staff and figured out it was not the place for him

• Upvote 1

My desire for the coaches is to recruit kids that are large enough for their position and/or fast enough for their position; in a better conference. Can we see an uptick from the Kids we have signed in past classes?

We’re moving up a notch in a conference and should expect the caliber of players to compete and win at that level.

Otherwise,  we are kidding ourselves continuing to move lateral or backwards. I like the stated goal of staying local but not if the kids don’t check the boxes. I have a friend from NTSU in the Houston area. He drives up for at least one game annually. He continues to comment about how small and slow our guys are. I couldn’t agree more. 

Hopefully we don’t continue to fire coaches only to hire replacements that go after the same kids; with minimal offers or offers from inferior schools. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Cooley said:

My desire for the coaches is to recruit kids that are large enough for their position and/or fast enough for their position; in a better conference. Can we see an uptick from the Kids we have signed in past classes?

We’re moving up a notch in a conference and should expect the caliber of players to compete and win at that level.

Otherwise,  we are kidding ourselves continuing to move lateral or backwards. I like the stated goal of staying local but not if the kids don’t check the boxes. I have a friend from NTSU in the Houston area. He drives up for at least one game annually. He continues to comment about how small and slow our guys are. I couldn’t agree more. 

Hopefully we don’t continue to fire coaches only to hire replacements that go after the same kids; with minimal offers or offers from inferior schools. 

Small and slow, that's why we have been curb stomped by mostly all good OOC teams

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Venson said:

Coaching staff left, I am sure that had something to do with it.  A bunch of kids are tied to coaches not necessarily a University (Right or wrong) that just seems to be how it is most places.  I believe Napier was scooped up by Florida and the staff dismantled.  He decided back in August to enter portal so he didn't potentially get a RS burned I would imagine. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

That's certainly not why.   The guys can look small & slow when they aren't motivated to win.  

I don't recall seeing much evidence of a team that wasn't motivated. 

And not being motivated makes you smaller????  So Ridge Texada could be 6'2" next year with proper motivation?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, MGNation92 said:

Napier’s Louisiana teams would’ve beaten us by 30 so any kid they thought could play is fine by me.

How bout 10-3 Air Force, who’s defense held Baylor, the previous Big12 Champion to 15 points in a rout week before last.  

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, meaniegreenie said:

I don't recall seeing much evidence of a team that wasn't motivated. 

And not being motivated makes you smaller????  So Ridge Texada could be 6'2" next year with proper motivation?

Motivated small guys:
https://meangreensports.com/sports/football/roster/mason-fine/4049
https://meangreensports.com/sports/football/roster/jaelon-darden/4568
https://meangreensports.com/sports/football/roster/marcus-trice/1048

I mean, I could go all day, but do I really need to continue?   If you desire to win, and that's instilled into you daily, you win.   
You could have all of the measurables, and really suck if you & your teammates don't really care if you win or not.

15 minutes ago, meangreenfaninno said:

Morris’ UIW teams would have done same to Littrell.

This is really dumb:
https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/401014987

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1