DRC: Long-term connection with Eric Morris led Guyer WR Landon Sides to commit to UNT

Brett Vito

4 minutes ago, akriesman said:

Impressive offer sheet includes "Colorado School of Mines".....LOL

I am not criticizing his offer list.     I just thought that I have heard of every school with at least a D2 football program.   I guess not 🤷

Co School of Mines just made it to the D2 National Championship game.   

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 4

18 minutes ago, akriesman said:

I am not criticizing his offer list.     I just thought that I have heard of every school with at least a D2 football program.   I guess not 🤷

Not an easy school to get in to. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Not an easy school to get in to. 

And, according to its Wikipedia page, "No. 3 Best NCAA D2 school in the U.S. for student-athletes, according to Next College Student Athlete's 2018 NCSA Power Rankings".

My manager before I retired had a son, football player from one of the Arlington schools who was considering attending there, but I don't think it worked out.

You don't have to read too far to realize that they're pretty good at D2 football.  How well that translates for Landon Sides and his choice of UNT over "Mines" is an open question, but I wouldn't be too dismissive. He's probably pretty smart.

• Upvote 1

My son graduated from the Mines. He roomed with several football players his freshman year. They mix athletes with “regular” students because sports is in no way the priority. Thought that was interesting. But if you want to be an engineer And can handle the workload it’s a good school to get your degree. My son stayed in the area and does attend a lot of games. They do recruit texas heavily. Not just athletes. Big petroleum eng school

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, akriesman said:

It's like the Rice of Colorado. It is crazy impressive academically.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 4