Tulane Win

StealthEagle84

3 hours ago, greenminer said:

@Cr1028 how would you view Frit'z resume (before Tulane) in comparison to Carthel's current resume? 

Well Colby is 46 and has been a head coach for 10 seasons after spending 15 as an assistant.

When Fritz got the Tulane job he was 56 and had been a head coach for 23 seasons after having been a college assistant for 9 seasons and a HS assistant for 2.

I would put their résumés in a similar light but Fritz’s was just so much longer so you have to give him the edge. Both are defensive guys too which I like. Both also have at least one natty and multiple conference titles.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

We better be ready to compete, the AAC is going to be a big step up in competition across the board. 

I've talked about this before but we have reached as far as our potential can take us. Large metro, top recruiting area, 45k students, large alumni base, good facilities, etc. Those got us here, not our record. Now we actually have to turn that potential into something or forever float in limbo with no direction. USF comes to mind, they are similar to us and look how UCF passed them up. We need results on the fields/courts to either be a nationally recognized team in the American or to be ready for the next shake up. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

And that’s why so many of us wanted Willie Fritz when he was at Sam Houston and Georgia Southern.

3DA03BFD-B448-4A16-B855-6EF99D4C7315.jpeg

Great game by the Green Wave.

Rick

Many on this board would’ve whined and complained about “cancelling our season tickets” after UNT not firing a 2-10 coach. And even further, a 31-43 coach after 6 seasons. 

Edited by MeanGreen22
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Got to go to the game, very exciting; really surprised how many Tulane fans were there.

Also watched the replay and wonder if others on here, caught the tidbit that the USC QB got more NIL money than anyone in the US.

If anyone deserves it, it is probably him; but this outrageous system has to be stopped.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

USC fans are melting down and realizing what OU learned.  Riley's offense will put up numbers but his defense doesn't stop much of anything.  Love it.  He ran to the USC knowing he would struggle with OU in the SEC, and now they are unhappy with this performance.  They just can't understand how mighty USC could lose to Tulane, giving Tulane zero credit for the win.  Did I mention I love this.  Williams is classless.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

USC fans are melting down and realizing what OU learned.  Riley's offense will put up numbers but his defense doesn't stop much of anything.  Love it.  He ran to the USC knowing he would struggle with OU in the SEC, and now they are unhappy with this performance.  They just can't understand how mighty USC could lose to Tulane, giving Tulane zero credit for the win.  Did I mention I love this.  Williams is classless.

Someone give me reason to believe this doesn't happen to us under Morris.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Someone give me reason to believe this doesn't happen to us under Morris.

I would be happy at this point for NT to play in the Cotton Bowl. 

I guess you mean a bad defense.  Not sure why it wouldn't happen, or why the defense won't be better.

New coaches bring hope, that has to be good enough before one game has been played.  Worry or Elation will have to wait until September. 

• Upvote 1