Future conference mate and 2023 opponent: No. 10 USC and No. 16 Tulane

Jonnyeagle

3 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I don't think this staff hits its home run until 2024.

We have a very inexperienced staff.  I like them for two reasons: 1) recruiting, and 2) hungry to figure this out in Denton and make it work.

I think it takes them a season to figure this out.

As an aside, if they aren't working out I sure as God hope Mosely and Co don't wait 6 years to can them.

Don't count us out.  Tulane was 2-10 last year.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I don't think this staff hits its home run until 2024.

We have a very inexperienced staff.  I like them for two reasons: 1) recruiting, and 2) hungry to figure this out in Denton and make it work.

I think it takes them a season to figure this out.

As an aside, if they aren't working out I sure as God hope Mosely and Co don't wait 6 years to can them.

This seems to be realistic and I would expect year 2 to be a very improved product on the field. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Marcelo said:

I'm happy that neither Houston, Cincy nor UCF won the American AND that Tulane beat a playoff-contender in USC at the Cotton Bowl. Helps that Tulane is staying and continuing the perception of the American being the top G5 conference. Now, let us win the American and enter the playoffs as the top G5 team. That is what I expect from our new coach. Perhaps not next season but sooner than later. It's about damn time we become relevant. 

This Cotton Bowl victory by Tulane really raised the stature of next year's AAC.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

Adler those are some real family connections with such a great, prestigious university.  And they go back a ways.  My Dad(deceased) had several cousins and their families from New Orleans, my Grandmother’s sister, and several cousins were all from NO. And family from Donaldsonville.

I have a brother-in-law who is a Tulane Grad;  received his Masters and PhD from North Texas. His deceased Dad (my Father-In-Law) was an MD (E,N, & T) and practiced at one of the hospitals in NO.

Good stuff!

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, ADLER said:

The short story:

My mother's family was instrumental in the founding of the college in the 1830's (University of Louisiana back then) her family was multi generational Law graduates with a family ancestor's portrait hanging in the  University President's office, on my father's side, my gg and g-grandfather were Tulane Med as well as my grandfather who met my grandmother on the steps of Gibson Hall. Many aunts, uncles, cousins, nephews and nieces are all Tulane grads.

Cousin played on the 73 Bluebonnet Bowl team and all the buses brought all the Tulane booster club from the old Shamrock Hotel to our house in Houston Memorial for the big party the night before the game.

And, I am best friends with Paul Tulane's only known descendant, Paul Tulane _______ IV,  though originally illegitimate at birth, retained Paul's instructions (now with TU) on how he wanted his son raised and generously provided to take him through Emory Med and well fund a practice in Houston.

And also, my daughter put Tulane as her top choice for early acceptance when she became a full National Merit Scholarship recipient and is currently pre-med at Tulane. 

I grew up involved with Tulane, and still stay as involved with New Orleans as much as possible. Family has 7 krewe spots in Bacchus, so I'm there every year for Mardi Gras and have even ridden a couple times.

Really cool story/family history.

I once got hammered on Bourbon Street.  Okay, maybe more than once.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Didn't Mallory Hartley take over when Pickle graduated?

https://twitter.com/malloryhartley?lang=en

Yes, for maybe a year or two? She was decent, but I think Ashley was noticeably better. The ones recently have been following the trajectory of the rest of the sports broadcasts the school puts together: 💩