Official Podcast Presence

Mike Jackson

One thing I hope Eric Morris along with the new AD team will address is our lack luster podcast presecence.  With a fairly successful long running broadcast department it seem pretty weak to not have a weekly official podcast leaning on current students and recent graduates for slow parts of the atheltic calendar.   /The lastest episode link below  was recorded before game against Grand Canyon 12/10/2022 - that is kind of pathetic imo/.  The Barbershop podcast here on gomeangeeen.com is great also and I would like to see more of their style pulled into the Official Podcast.   I like the Mean Green Show on YouTube.com also he had a good interview with Austin Aune after here entered the portal link at the bottom.  There are so many opportunities to produce content and the fanbase needs to learn about our new conference foes.   The GameDay experience is enriched the more fans know about our teams and school/opponents we are facing.

Official Mean Green Podcast on Varsity

UNT Broascasters Celebrating 50 Years

Mean Green Show

5B5FD6C7-7227-49FB-9B83-E2648D8DAFAD.png.273b6335ff6d415c0f6f8c7e91c156da.png

Thanks to @UNT 90 Grad for reminding me of Mean Green Nation Podcast:  https://meangreennation.com

The Green Room Podcast:  https://youtube.com/@thegreenroom5005

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 6

One thing I hope Eric Morris along with the new AD team will address is our lack luster podcast presecence.  With a fairly successful long running broadcast department it seem pretty weak to not have a weekly official podcast leaning on current students and recent graduates for slow parts of the atheltic calendar.   /The lastest episode link below  was recorded before game against Grand Canyon 12/10/2022 - that is kind of pathetic imo/.  The Barbershop podcast here on gomeangeeen.com is great also and I would like to see more of their style pulled into the Official Podcast.   I like the Mean Green Show on YouTube.com also he had a good interview with Austin Aune after here entered the portal link at the bottom.  There are so many opportunities to produce content and the fanbase needs to learn about our new conference foes.   The GameDay experience is enriched the more fans know about our teams and school/opponents we are facing.

Mean Green Show

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

Mean Green Show

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the podcasts that we have with current students or alumni. The only problem I have is that it's usually the same group of people on them. Maybe get some other fans involved on the show and see what their opinions are. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Every “official” podcast produced by an official team/school in sports are always over-sanitized homer podcasts that are so restricted by those factors they don’t end up being good products. 

As I don't listen to others I will need to take your word for it until I visit a few others on Varsity.   I suspect you are probably right.

• Upvote 3

The Green Room is also available as a podcast. I don’t watch it on YouTube, but I listen to it. I really like the shorter form of it. Most episodes are around 30ish minutes so it works really well for me. 

I also liked the Firing Boomer podcast last year, but I don’t think they put anything out this year. 

• Upvote 6