2023 NET Rankings

Here are the other conferences I'm watching:  AAC, MW, and WCC.  right now they probably have 8 bids to the NCAA tournament (3 AQ, 5 at large).  For CUSA to get a 2nd bid, it would likely come at the expense of those other conferences.   I think if a 2nd CUSA team finishes inside the top 50, there would be a legit argument for a 2nd bid.

Screen Shot 2023-01-02 at 9.16.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-02 at 9.17.02 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-02 at 9.17.37 AM.png

Edited by MrAlien
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, MrAlien said:

UNT gets another shot at FAU in a couple weeks, and that game is very winnable.  that would put UNT in the discussion for the Big Dance. 

I think we would need to win out to have an at large bid. That’s assuming UNC willimngham, St. Mary’s and FAU all do well. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

Well, FAU is well on its way to get an at large should they fail to win the tournament. Currently 11th in NET. Two Q1 wins already (provided UNT and Florida remain in top 75) and one to two more opportunities (@ UAB and potentially @ Charlotte.)

Every one else in C-USA needs to start distinguishing themselves fast. Without a win @ FAU there is zero chance for UNT. Absolutely got to have that one.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Bro I think that Buffalo loss is still hurting us.

Move on. It’s a new year plus Buffalo was not getting top 25 votes which 2 of the 3 teams we lost to are getting. UAB is also getting them in some polls and UNCW is on a roll. Our schedule so far is holding up, but a few weak teams in conference could affect us.

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 5
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, Quoner said:

Has anyone ever been prouder of repeatedly saying “you know, the ranking and record would be better if we won more games?”

I am referring to beating teams that have higher ratings. St. Mary’s was just a bad lose and we weren’t healthy at all going into that game. Losing to them doesn’t hurt us as bad as losing to FIU or UTSA. Our losses are decent losses and two of them were very winnable. That’s a good thing… you’re intentionally being inept so you can laugh behind your keyboard. Feels good? You can be the new CBL… 

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I am referring to beating teams that have higher ratings. St. Mary’s was just a bad lose and we weren’t healthy at all going into that game. Losing to them doesn’t hurt us as bad as losing to FIU or UTSA. Our losses are decent losses and two of them were very winnable. That’s a good thing… you’re intentionally being inept so you can laugh behind your keyboard. Feels good? You can be the new CBL… 

My brother in Christ, this isn’t a Highlander situation - there are way more than two people laughing at you.

Is the desired outcome for all this for us to go wow, that’s a really good insight because I thought losing was fine? If so, I promise I can act impressed when you post it again in 45 minutes. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 4

UNT is better then FAU, the only reason they could not hold onto the lead and win the game is because the team lost their two best players.  So I think UNT has a reasonable chance to beat them in their gym in a couple weeks. 

However, I dont think FAU is going to drop to far in the NET (not out of the top 30), so its going to be interesting to see if they receive an at large bid should they not automatically qualify.  

• Thanks 1

On 1/2/2023 at 5:48 PM, Quoner said:

My brother in Christ, this isn’t a Highlander situation - there are way more than two people laughing at you.

Is the desired outcome for all this for us to go wow, that’s a really good insight because I thought losing was fine? If so, I promise I can act impressed when you post it again in 45 minutes. 

I don't trust people who start their sentence with MBIC.

• Upvote 1
  • RV 1
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 5
  • Puking Eagle 1

#53 UNT is currently a 3.5 point favorite against #198 WKU in tomorrow's game in Bowling Green. It has been my observation that UNT rises in the NET when we beat the spread, and falls any time fail to cover the spread. I will post our movement in the NET following the results of the game, so we can track if this is actually a predicable indicator. 

Rankings have been adjusted to reflect those on 1-5-23. (UNT had been #54 & WKU was #200)

The spread has not changed.

Edited by Side.Show.Joe

5 hours ago, kingwoodgreen said:

Fresno state knocks off previously unbeaten New Mexico. Does that help us ?

It doesn't hurt for sure. But not sure it does all that much to move the needle either, as they are still not even in the top 160 in NET (where the game they played with NT would at least become a Q3)

• Upvote 1

On 1/2/2023 at 1:14 PM, MrAlien said:

UNT gets another shot at FAU in a couple weeks, and that game is very winnable.  that would put UNT in the discussion for the Big Dance. 

There is no way we get hosed as bad on the road in the next FIU game as we did at home.  Abou committed one foul that night and was charged with 5.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, untphd said:

Wow, tough crowd in here tonight. Quoner playing the bully, like usual, and people going along with it. So be it. 

I’m sorry no one liked your post 😞

• Haha 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Downvote 2

On 1/4/2023 at 8:55 PM, Side.Show.Joe said:

#53 UNT is currently a 3.5 point favorite against #198 WKU in tomorrow's game in Bowling Green. It has been my observation that UNT rises in the NET when we beat the spread, and falls any time fail to cover the spread. I will post our movement in the NET following the results of the game, so we can track if this is actually a predicable indicator. 

Rankings have been adjusted to reflect those on 1-5-23. (UNT had been #54 & WKU was #200)

The spread has not changed.

UNT 70

WKU 66

Final

Despite a slim 4 point win on the road over a #198 WKU team, UNT beat the spread by half a point and should see a slight bump in their next NET ranking. We will see.

• Upvote 1