WBB vs FIU

Venson

49 minutes ago, Venson said:

FIU is a bad team and they are running the women right out of the gym. I hate to say this, but it may be time for Jalie to go. They are not even competitive against bad teams.

Sad, but if it was not Mitchell; the coach should be fired now.  This team is undisciplined and just going through the motions now.   Bad ending for Noble, but she not playing up to her previous standards.  

49 minutes ago, Venson said:

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Pissed 1

2 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

I just don't see it happening.  Barring unmitigated disaster, coaches for non-revenue sports at UNT get to coach out their contracts.

WBB is considered a revenue sport. 

Kind of ridiculous designation anyway. every sport at almost all g5 and most p5 lose money.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

WBB is considered a revenue sport. 

No sir.  The only two sports considered "revenue sports" are football and men's basketball.  I'll let you Google it if you doubt it.

10 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Kind of ridiculous designation anyway. every sport at almost all g5 and most p5 lose money.

If you only count that program's ticket revenue, sure.  But P5's get bucketloads of TV dollars, and most G5's get their programs in the black by playing guarantee ("money," "bodybag") games.  I imagine it's only donor dollars (thank "the 17"!) that keep us afloat since we quit playing those games on an annual basis.

1 hour ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

No sir.  The only two sports considered "revenue sports" are football and men's basketball.  I'll let you Google it if you doubt it.

If you only count that program's ticket revenue, sure.  But P5's get bucketloads of TV dollars, and most G5's get their programs in the black by playing guarantee ("money," "bodybag") games.  I imagine it's only donor dollars (thank "the 17"!) that keep us afloat since we quit playing those games on an annual basis.

I doubted it and googled.  Found nothing 

Again, it is a meaningless designation anyway.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, NT80 said:

Time for a change.  Bring back Karen Aston.

She is at UTSA, we can steal her.

UTSA? Why isn't she at a top program?  I do not see why she left the Longhorns.  Under her leadership, our team would run through brick for her.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1