Smut QB to transfer

DeepGreen

1 hour ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

It will hurt them, not sure how bad.  He seemed to go slightly downhill throughout the season.  And I imagine everyone there is ready to put Preston Stone out there now, anyway.

Yep, they are losing one 4* QB and ready to insert another.   Jeez.  Talk about QB talent.

• Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

He announced before their season final, that he was not coming back and going to give the NFL a try. He must've got some poor feedback from the scouts. Not to mention ESPN writers say, that he is getting a big NIL deal with the Badgers. I think Mustang fans, were ready for the Preston Stone era to begin last season anyway. I would be more concerned with Stone than Tanner.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

What has Stone shown?

Started the game against Tulsa when Mordecai was out with a concussion. Was 11/17 for 219 yards and a TD in less than a full half before breaking his collar bone when a DT landed on him. Had another 24 yards on the ground on 4 carries. If not for his collar bone we probably would have rode with him the rest of the year. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, MeanGreenZen said:

Losing a 4-star QB doesn’t hurt your roster depth? 

I don't think it was feasible to retain both for next year. Neither would be content to get stuck standing on the sideline. SMU's coach probably had to decide which would be best for the longterm success of the program.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

What has Stone shown?

I heard he played in a scrimmage against the Ohio State starters last year.   He was 50 for 50 with over 2,000 yds passing and 1,000 rushing.   He was so good that Ohio State walked off the practice field and said they were never going to scrimmage against SMU again
 😜

Edited by akriesman
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, dodgefan said:

He announced before their season final, that he was not coming back and going to give the NFL a try. He must've got some poor feedback from the scouts. Not to mention ESPN writers say, that he is getting a big NIL deal with the Badgers. I think Mustang fans, were ready for the Preston Stone era to begin last season anyway. I would be more concerned with Stone than Tanner.

I think they really wanted Sonny Dykes back more than they wanted Preston Stone to start.  🤷🏾‍♂️

16 hours ago, Dpony14 said:

I wanted to see what you guys were saying about hiring one of our alums. Not sure why it bothers you all so much that we pop over here from time to time. We play every year, and this site is free. 

There are a few fans from your school that will come on here and give backhanded compliments or flat out talk shit. 

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Dpony14 said:

I get that that’s probably annoying, but if you guys want this thing to be a rivalry, shouldn’t you want SMU fans to care enough to come talk shit? You’re free to do the same on our free message board. If you look at it with the proper perspective, it can be funny and add an element to what’s about to be a conference rivalry. We have done it quite a bit with TCU and UH fans. That’s  just my opinion though. 

I don't disgagree, but when those same posters claim we aren't rivals, but then live on our board, it gets annoying.  Either we are rivals and talk shit year round, or we aren't rivals.  Some can't make up their minds.

• Upvote 2