FIU (12/31/22)

CMJ

3 minutes ago, Andrew said:

That’s not true at all…

Under Rule 10, when circumstances warrant, an official has the authority to request home game management to eject fans when the behavior, in the officials eyes is out of line. 

But the official didn't request for him to be ejected.  He pointed to the fan and his exact words were “if you want to stay, you need to sit down.”   That’s a warning, not an ejection.  

3 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

But the official didn't request for him to be ejected.  He pointed to the fan and his exact words were “if you want to stay, you need to sit down.”   That’s a warning, not an ejection.  

So did Mosley make him leave?

14 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

That’s fair enough. I am not on that side. I did not know this part. I was just letting him know though refs do not have authority to eject fans they can ask the staff working in the arena to remove them. It happened a few years ago to a separate UNT fan. He was praised by Mac after I believe. He was also a member of a local Lego collecting group (DFW LUG) and was seen on television at our most recent bowl game but his name is slipping my mind. He did move away I thought. He has a beard and no hair. I will try to search him up real quick if I can. 

Edited by Andrew
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, emmitt01 said:

Let’s be more accurate.  Ref warned a fan…then a UNT staffer intervened and told the fan to leave

Looked like ref told staffer and motioned he was ejected from where I was.  Fan didn’t appear very happy with the call and I was sitting way to far away to hear what was being said. 

Edited by GMG24

24 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Looked like ref told staffer and motioned he was ejected from where I was.  Fan didn’t appear very happy with the call and I was sitting way to far away to hear what was being said. 

I was three seats away.  The ref verbally warned him to sit down, I never saw a request to have him removed. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

You have to know that is not true.  

Arenas seldom eject fans, refs and school officials however do and it is not that unusual.  

It is unusual for it to happen for yelling at a ref over a bad call.  If he was threatened, I get it.  But to be that thin skinned is weak.  He had his eyes up in the crowd all day…he thought someone was there to watch him.  Very unprofessional.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

8 minutes ago, 2020 Sucks said:

It is unusual for it to happen for yelling at a ref over a bad call.  If he was threatened, I get it.  But to be that thin skinned is weak.  He had his eyes up in the crowd all day…he thought someone was there to watch him.  Very unprofessional.

Dude it happened within the last 2-3 years…. And that’s just a UNT fan. It’s not that uncommon. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Andrew said:

Everybody needs to work on some form of offensive move and I don’t care what analytics say. If it’s getting a mid range jumper then take it. We aren’t shooting well regarded and lately don’t finish at the rim or get an offensive foul called on us. Mac doesn’t like contested shots unless it’s Perry but somebody has to work on it. 

For the record, analytics never "say" anything... It's just stats 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Andrew said:

Dude it happened within the last 2-3 years…. And that’s just a UNT fan. It’s not that uncommon. 

If it happens every two to three years and we play 25 to 30 games a season, I'd say it's a pretty uncommon occurrence. 

42 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

If it happens every two to three years and we play 25 to 30 games a season, I'd say it's a pretty uncommon occurrence. 

That was just in reference to our team not the hundreds of others. It’s not super common, but it’s clearly more  common than the original poster had thought. 

4 hours ago, drex said:

Back in the Bill Blakeley era, the head coach for Bradley was thrown out of the Super Pit by the refs (or NT personnel).  He made a big theatrical production of leaving the floor.

I remember Abe Lemon (can't remember which team he was coaching) leave with his team before the end of the game  in Denton because he didn't like the referee's calls.

Expected to hear some form of discipline for that action; but never did.

This game shows that our shooting can be better vs what we got with FAU, so it was either a bad shooting night which happens or the guys need to learn to stay loose. Everyone knew it was a big game so I think the nerves got to them. We missed so many open 3s with zero defenders within 8 feet of our guys, a couple of those go in and it changes the game. 

• Upvote 2