For those still believing we should have given Seth more time

Jonnyeagle

2 minutes ago, greenminer said:

SL is so far off my radar, I don't understand why we visit these hypothetical, what-if, I-told-you-so posts.  He's gone.  Move on.

You're probably right but I still have a lot of family and coworkers who say we were stupid to let Littrell go as soon as we did and it makes me mad.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

Just now, El Paso Eagle said:

Gomeangreen.com needs to add a new forum for "Where are they now" so posters can add stories about players and coaches that are no longer here. 

Then folks can have all the Kason Martin/Jason Bean fun they want living in the past, and the rest of us can continue on with our normal lives

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jonnyeagle said:

You're probably right but I still have a lot of family and coworkers who say we were stupid to let Littrell go as soon as we did and it makes me mad.

Which makes you mad?

• family and coworkers say we were stupid
  • we let Littrell go
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Gomeangreen.com needs to add a new forum for "Where are they now" so posters can add stories about players and coaches that are no longer here. 

This is definitely not a where-are-they-now, update on a previous player/coach.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Jonnyeagle said:

Here's a suggestion: stop responding to them.  When they realize you've moved on from SL, and won't get worked up over the fire, they will move on too.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jonnyeagle said:

How does anyone believe that a 44/ 44 W/L record is good enough to retain a head coach?

• Upvote 4
  • Oh Boy! 2

2 hours ago, Jonnyeagle said:

While I was frustrated with SL, I wasn't fully convinced we would do all that much better with hiring a new coach.
(If you've been around here long enough you'll understand).

However, as I mentioned in another post, this does feel different and I am massively surprised by the types of hires EM is making and am the most excited about getting to August than I've been in a long time.

• Upvote 6
  • RV 1

10 hours ago, Jonnyeagle said:

Did these people even follow his career here?  Certainly not. I’ve had no problems justifying his firing to people who have asked me about it.

The only thing I feel bad about for SL is all this money that’s been pumped into assistants and other staff that SL wasn’t given. But then EM hires someone and I ask myself if SL would have hired this person or someone better/more valuable. The answer is “no” and I don’t feel so bad anymore.  

Edited by Moobs
  • Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

I mean outside of special teams coordinator where is the massive upgrade to our gameday staff?

Our defense was 125th in the nation. Caponi will most certainly upgrade the secondary, which was regularly torched last season. Front 7 I’m not convinced yet.

Offense is gonna be fine. Similar systems, coaches that know the system. OL coach is gonna be very important. We have a lot of good pieces there that can be elite.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Our defense was 125th in the nation. Caponi will most certainly upgrade the secondary, which was regularly torched last season. Front 7 I’m not convinced yet.

Offense is gonna be fine. Similar systems, coaches that know the system. OL coach is gonna be very important. We have a lot of good pieces there that can be elite.

#1:  How are you so sure Caponi will be an upgrade over Bennett (who also specialized in secondary)?

#2:  The past 2 years, we weren’t running the Air Raid (or any of its derivatives).  We were running the Briles offense with Bloesch calling the shots.  How do you know Bloesch’s & Morris’s offenses are “similar”?

The more I think about it (especially with all of these assistant hires being super young/inexperienced/geared-towards-recruiting), Im starting to gear up for a painful transition year.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

#1:  How are you so sure Caponi will be an upgrade over Bennett (who also specialized in secondary)?

#2:  The past 2 years, we weren’t running the Air Raid (or any of its derivatives).  We were running the Briles offense with Bloesch calling the shots.  How do you know Bloesch’s & Morris’s offenses are “similar”?

The more I think about it (especially with all of these assistant hires being super young/inexperienced/geared-towards-recruiting), Im starting to gear up for a painful transition year.

1. Saying we can’t be much worse than last year, and Iowa St had a better defense than us by a wide margin. (Yes I know we can technically be worse this year)

2. Meant moreso the players. I know we ran the veer and shoot, but the players have been recruited for a spread offense. Many from when we we were still running more of an air raid.

• Upvote 1