Yes, it's nitpicking, but we need to up our social media game

El Paso Eagle

20 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

It's not nitpicking at all. It's simply being a legitimate program that has or has not kept up with the times. 

Our entire social media game could use a tremendous upswing. 

It's often doing the "little" things right, not just the "big" things, that make the difference in how you are perceived.

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

When your announcing the hires on twitter, make sure you coordinate to have their (new coaches and staff) profiles updated.

Nothing noteworthy has happen.  Fired coach, hired a lackey at AD,  hired a nobody for a coach, lost a bowl.  QB left.

Y'all fanboys killed your program.

• Haha 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 9
  • Puking Eagle 4

4 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Devil's advocate: the Twitter profiles are not their professional profiles.  Not designated or controlled by UNT.

I think this a "read the room" problem.

Yes, they should try and coordinate it but, no, it technically not UNT's responsibility.

Yes but I know for a fact there was no way Littrell was the one who was doing his site.  Not sure who it was but I am guessing someone on the AD staff was doing it for him.  I saw him in the parking lot at the AD driving away and there was a twitter post from him like 10 minutes later so it could not have been him.

• Eye Roll 1

2 minutes ago, shaft said:

Nothing noteworthy has happen.  Fired coach, hired a lackey at AD,  hired a nobody for a coach, lost a bowl.  QB left.

You have been adamant about these hires being bad, but you never provide any supporting evidence.  I mean anytime you make a hire there is a risk involved.  You seem to be 100% certain and I am genuinely interested as to why.

For the record, I am 100% behind these hires and think UNT hit it out of the park.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, shaft said:

You are the one and only one that has this attitude. The only person you are making miserable is yourself. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1

4 minutes ago, cousin oliver said:

Yes but I know for a fact there was no way Littrell was the one who was doing his site.  Not sure who it was but I am guessing someone on the AD staff was doing it for him.  I saw him in the parking lot at the AD driving away and there was a twitter post from him like 10 minutes later so it could not have been him.

Sure, but that doesn't mean it was an official UNT-specific account.

I think the original suggestion of coordinating this is spot on: everyone get on the same page and make the annoucments/bios/twitter changes together when possible.

I say "when possible", because I'm sure there are scenarios where doing so might not be.  Maybe we want to announce a hire, but the new hire is committed to helping out his current school in their postseason.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, shaft said:

How do I block this sod?

Edited by Hunter Green
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, greenminer said:

Devil's advocate: the Twitter profiles are not their professional profiles.  Not designated or controlled by UNT.

I think this a "read the room" problem.

Yes, they should try and coordinate it but, no, it technically not UNT's responsibility.

This was listed with the tweet.

https://meangreensports.com/sports/football

But under coaches there were was nothing but Morris.

Today they have this:

https://meangreensports.com/sports/football/coaches

which looks kind of thrown together and does not follow the typical style, more of a table. 

But the individual profiles are up:

https://meangreensports.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/patrick-cobbs/723

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Our ST and OC coordinators have not changed their twitter profiles at all along with our TE coach.

Terrible look, this is definitely something that needs to be addressed.

Prospective athletes might get likes on twitter from these staff members thinking they about to get three different offers and not one being North Texas.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 5
  • Downvote 1

On 12/28/2022 at 8:51 PM, cousin oliver said:

You have been adamant about these hires being bad, but you never provide any supporting evidence.  I mean anytime you make a hire there is a risk involved.  You seem to be 100% certain and I am genuinely interested as to why.

For the record, I am 100% behind these hires and think UNT hit it out of the park.

Agreed! I think this is the hire we should of made 10 years ago but that's water under the bridge. At 80 I certainly am more excited for the future of the football program than my future.Oh well, that's life.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1