Breaking: North Texas hires Coach O as Director of Recruiting

TheReal_jayD

• TheReal_jayD changed the title to Breaking: North Texas hires Coach O as Director of Recruiting

I hope 3 years from now I look back and this was a great hire. For now, I'll root for his success but his resume is unimpressive to me. 

Time will tell, but these "connections" with high school coaches is a very overrated thing.

Go Coach O and Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 2
  • Eye Roll 5
  • Downvote 11
  • Puking Eagle 2

2 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

DFW recruiting literally runs through Coach O. He has built a recruiting empire with the offertunity camps. He is like an uncle to 75% of the kids that go to college playing football from the dfw area. His connections in Texas HS recruiting are unmatched.

Nice.  So, who was the previous Director of Recruiting for football at NT?   

I assume new TE coach Chris Gilbert (former Dir. of HS Relations at UT) will also be active in recruiting for NT.  Wonder if they know each other?

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, NT80 said:

Nice.  So, who was the previous Director of Recruiting for football at NT?   

I assume new TE coach Chris Gilbert (former Dir. of HS Relations at UT) will also be active in recruiting for NT.  Wonder if they know each other?

Former player Robbie Gordon was Director of recruiting last year. 

I am sure Coach O and Gilbert are familiar with each other.. Yes I beileve all the staff will be active in recruiting. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1