Coach Morris on with David Smoak at 4 today.

TheReal_jayD

I love that Mosely and Morris have made a commitment to the Mean Green actually wearing Green.

Image related to Morris, Mosley Officially Introduced In Press Conference

It's time to let the crap-of-the-week off-color costumes go away. I know a lot of our players grew up being Hannah Montana fans and desired a new wardrobe every week, but these aren't stage outfits, they're uniforms. Let's work on improving our MEAN GREEN branding.

• Upvote 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • RV 1
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 10

35 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

I am surprised every day a little more my Coach Morris. I like what he says, I like his energy, I like that he feels hungry for greatness. I like that he is from a small town in Texas. I like his hiring philosophy. 

I hope he wakes up the sleeping giant of North Texas. 

^ Everything you said.

• Upvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

Seems like it may take 3 years just to get us back to where we are today. Wish Morris would lie to us by stating we are looking at national championships as the goal. Instead, he continues to limit us to a G5 program. UH, UCF and Cincinnati just graduated and moved up. It can happen. Why not UNT?  Come on coach, inspire long suffering fans. 

• Upvote 8
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Cooley said:

Seems like it may take 3 years just to get us back to where we are today. Wish Morris would lie to us by stating we are looking at national championships as the goal. Instead, he continues to limit us to a G5 program. UH, UCF and Cincinnati just graduated and moved up. It can happen. Why not UNT?  Come on coach, inspire long suffering fans. 

I agree, I think P5 should be our next goal. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cooley said:

I’m with you 100%, but let’s take it one step at a time!  I’d be happy with “let’s beat SMU and win some non-conference games for now!  We have to consistently win the AAC Texas state championship before we start thinking on a P5 level!  Let’s take Cincinnati’s place…do what they’ve done for 8-10 years.  Win and establish some recruiting dominance…then set our sights on OU!

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

3 hours ago, Cooley said:

In jest or not:

How do you get Morris's objective is to get NT back where we are today.  That makes no sense to me.

He has stated his goals, and I never heard keep the status quo. 

I think he is sane enough to know that getting into a P5 conference has a lot less to do with good football and more to do with politics, money and opportunity.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

We have a long way to go outside coaching. Facilities, as in the weight room, rehab area and I would guess locker room not up to AAC standards. We have gone from top facilities in C-USA to bottom 1/2 of AAC. I would also believe this would hold true on the NIL $$$. Cincinnati was paying HC over $3m and staff over $3m. Unless a sugar daddy steps up ( UH) it will take time for fans to get involved with donations. Win and create a fun game day environment. If I was in the area I would go to a VT game just to experience the “ Sandman” entrance!!

Edited by Wag Tag
  • Upvote 1

On 12/23/2022 at 6:25 PM, ADLER said:

I love that Mosely and Morris have made a commitment to the Mean Green actually wearing Green.

Image related to Morris, Mosley Officially Introduced In Press Conference

It's time to let the crap-of-the-week off-color costumes go away. I know a lot of our players grew up being Hannah Montana fans and desired a new wardrobe every week, but these aren't stage outfits, they're uniforms. Let's work on improving our MEAN GREEN branding.

Booo lol bring on all the combos!! 

• Upvote 5
  • Puking Eagle 1

On 12/23/2022 at 8:03 PM, Cooley said:

You gotta get to the top of G5 before you start dreaming of being a top school, period. Make obtainable goals, achieve them, then set new ones. 

• Upvote 6

13 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

You gotta get to the top of G5 before you start dreaming of being a top school, period. Make obtainable goals, achieve them, then set new ones. 

Never worked out for Boise yet.  Cincy was a doormat when we beat them in the N.O. Bowl.   It just took one good coach to take them to the top the past few years.

6 minutes ago, NT80 said:

Never worked out for Boise yet.  Cincy was a doormat when we beat them in the N.O. Bowl.   It just took one good coach to take them to the top the past few years.

We are ideal with the right coach for P5

• Upvote 2