FAU (12/29/22)

UNTLifer

On 12/23/2022 at 7:46 AM, UNTLifer said:

Hate this time of year with a week between games, but excited because I will be in town and can make the game. Really looking forward to it. Took advantage of the great ticket offer and am bringing my youngest son and three others. 

Is the sale still going?  If so, how much did you pay per ticket?

$15 for GA and $17 for Reserved.  This is the cost of one ticket and then you can select up to four more. I may have an extra. PM me Thursday and I will let you know. If I have an extra, you are welcome to it. 

Edited by UNTLifer

On 12/27/2022 at 12:17 PM, Matt from A700 said:

The fact that you can BOG3 tickets for this game suggests they haven't.

I will be there. Hoping I can find two more people to take full advantage of the offer.

This is their way of promoting it, and they are doing such a drastic promotion because school is still out, and they know our boys deserve a great crowd. I commend them for doing what they can to try and make it a great environment for our team. 

• Upvote 6

My take on this game is this.  Win or lose, we will be a prepared team.  It's not too much to ask.

The problem with football the last several years is that if we were playing a team with equal or maybe a little more talent (or maybe a lot more talent), I don't think anyone had any confidence that scheming and planning would overcome these things.  No adjustments would be made that put our guys in a better spot to be successful.  

The glorious thing about this basketball team is that we compete with teams that are more talented.  I never show up thinking that we don't have a chance to win.

Having said that, tonight is going to be fun.  I fully expect the game to go down to the last shot, and I am fully confident that we will win.

• Upvote 6

NET:
(10-2, 1-0) Mean Green 43
(11-1, 1-0) FAU 13

7:00PM tip @ UNT Coliseum "The Super Pit", Denton, America
UNT -2.0
MGS.com Preview:  Men's Basketball Hosts Top 50 Showdown Thursday
FAU Preview:  FAU Enters Key C-USA Clash at North Texas With Momentum
DRC Vito Preview:  North Texas basketball matchup breakdown: Florida Atlantic at UNT
TV:  ESPN+
Radio: KHYI The Range 95.3, and Learfield via Varsity Network
ESPN Game Page
Official FAU MBBall
FAU Twitter

LAST TIME OUT:
FAU [12/21 W 67-52] May Becomes FAU’s All-Time Winningest Coach as Owls Top NKU
UNT [12/22 W 78-54] Ousmane Scores 37 In C-USA Opening Win

Notable Tweets:

Edited by greenminer

As a team, we're shooting 69.9% from the line averaging 18.3 attempts per game.  FAU, as a team is 66.3% from the charity strip and only averaging 14.8 attempts per game.  If it comes down to free throws, as it often does, we have the edge.  Let's Goooooo!

5 hours ago, CMJ said:

I don't even know what to expect for attendance.  I'd like to hope we can have 3-4K considering how big this game looks on paper, but that probably isn't realistic with students gone.

well we have 8 tickets.  they are all being used tonight.  Nevermind that of the 8, 6 are mooching like Kramer in Jerry's fridge, but I don't care.

IT'S FESTIVUS FOR THE REST OF US.......and I got a problem with some of you people, especially if you are an owl.

Edited by flyonthewall
  • Haha 1