Breaking: North Texas Hires Special Teams Guru Svoboda From Alabama

TheReal_jayD

6 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I believe it was @TheReal_jayDwho mentioned in a since-deleted thread that Morris would have a much larger assistant coach salary pool than SL did considering his salary is about $600k less than SL's. If true, it's starting to show.

I believe the $1.2M number that was floating around about EM was never substantiated or sourced out. As far as I know, that’s still pure speculation at this point. 

• Upvote 5

24 minutes ago, Moobs said:

I believe the $1.2M number that was floating around about EM was never substantiated or sourced out. As far as I know, that’s still pure speculation at this point. 

Gotcha. Regardless, the school appears to be making a significant commitment to success unless these guys are all taking less money for a better job title which seems unlikely.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, TripleGrad said:

UNT is really stepping up.  I guess they're taking the AAC  change seriously.

And we as fans and supporters better step it up too. Donations,  season tickets, donations to the LTT consortium.  Same for BB. It's time for us to become big time.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Moobs said:

Here is his salary from last year. Really makes you wonder how much did we have to pay him? 😮
This staff is getting ridiculously crazy and I love it!

3F2D8252-5E3C-4031-A398-B1018A0C0827.jpeg

At the risk of sounding a bit skeptical. Perhaps Alabama advised coach Svoboda that Feb 28th would be his last day on the job, and THAT is why he took the NT offer.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

15 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

At the risk of sounding a bit skeptical. Perhaps Alabama advised coach Svoboda that Feb 28th would be his last day on the job, and THAT is why he took the NT offer.

Svoboda was demoted from Special Teams Coordinator to an off the field assistant. I'm not saying it's a bad hire. They obviously valued having him around. If not, they would have cut ties immediately. Coleman Hutzler was the special teams coordinator that Alabama hired away from Ole Miss to replace Svoboda. From what I read on another forum, they liked having Svoboda on staff for his Texas HS ties.

Edited by jtm0097
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

Svoboda was demoted from Special Teams Coordinator to an off the field assistant. I'm not saying it's a bad hire. They obviously valued having him around. If not, they would have cut ties immediately. Coleman Hutzler was the special teams coordinator that Alabama hired away from Ole Miss to replace Svoboda. From what I read on another forum, they liked having Svoboda on staff for his Texas HS ties.

Good take 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1