BREAKING NEWS: North Texas Hires Chris Gilbert

TheReal_jayD

5 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Burning down TE room?

Roberts, Aberding gone and the TE commit gone. You have insinuated that some transfers and de-commits are likely head coach driven so we can guess that TE isn’t as important - especially since all traditional TEs are gone and we have a couple H-backs left. So why hire a TE coach (unless it’s a HS recruiting connection thing and they won’t really coach much)?

Edited by 97and03
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Just now, TheReal_jayD said:

Roberts and Alberding were hitting the Portal whether Seth stayed or new coach came in. Roberts almost left last year. Alberding graduated. He is wanted to go get his masters somewhere else. As for as the commit goes I think Boise just won recruiting battle. As well as I don't see that being the type TE we recruit moving forward. So I dont think we put up a huge fight if any. I think Gumms and Lee are going to be the prototypical TE moving forward. More like a hybrid wide reciever. Not so much the traditional TE Seth used. 

Can you elaborate on the Roberts issue?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

P5 have been snooping around on him since he arrived on campus. HIs brother is a top TE in the country in class of 25. Im sure they are hoping to get Jake will help land little brother. He may come back he may not. But from everything I have heard since start of the year Jake was going to test portal after season. 

Gracias 

• Upvote 2

• Coach Andy Mac changed the title to BREAKING NEWS: North Texas Hires Chris Gilbert