Jake Roberts to the Portal 😯

zenhuddy

Just now, DeepGreen said:

I hope Jake stays in Denton.

Me too, but I don't believe Morris uses TE's the way Roberts needs to be used as a TE.  I think he flexes them gets them in space with bad matchups on smaller DB's or slower LB's and exposes those mis matches. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Me too, but I don't believe Morris uses TE's the way Roberts needs to be used as a TE.  I think he flexes them gets them in space with bad matchups on smaller DB's or slower LB's and exposes those mis matches. 

But Gumms and Lee... Perfect for this system

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

2 hours ago, GMG24 said:

I have no idea from WSU/UIW… never watched any of them but it seems and kind of sounds like the TE spot will be looking for guys similar to Kyle Pitts types playing style, which I honestly  hope is true.. I know that is a freak of nature but I think you can find guys who get overlooked in TX to potentially grow into that type of role

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, KeithLee said:

Damn, got a puking Eagle on this post alread.  Was it because I praised the former staff, gave you my honest assessment of my son’s talent and work ethic, statement on my son wanting to compete to make this team great, or did you fat finger the emoji? Would you rather me bash the Littrell staff? I will not. They gave my son an opportunity to get a free education and he will graduate in May and start his Masters.  For that, I’m forever grateful and I wish those coaches and families good luck.

I know what my son can do as well and know his work ethic. If you fat fingered it you can disregard this message and kindly change it to what you meant. If you did mean it, why don’t you quote me and let me know what I said to make you puke. 

Don't worry about it too much on here as there are a lot of trolls and burner accounts made exclusively to cause strife. People love to downvote, puke emoji, etc anything. You could post "The sky is blue today" and still somehow get a downvote. For all we know, it was an SMU or UTSA burner account.

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Upvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

59 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

No he won't lol

Many players who put their names in the portal don’t even up going anywhere. I am just making an assumption he will be back. It’s just a guess…‘I have never once talked to him personally, so who knows. Just a guess. 

• Thanks 1
  • RV 1
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

1 hour ago, KeithLee said:

Coach Mayes coached him hard and really taught him how to block and fight through adversity. Sometimes a player needs to fail or have tons of setbacks to become great. The Littrell staff helped him more than we could of hoped for. It hasn’t translated on the field just yet, but I promise you it’s Coming!!! Coach Morris scheme appears to align more with Christian’s ability. The slate is clean and he has an opportunity to show what he has. That’s all we can ask for. #GMG

Love this, especially the part in bold.  Young man had a great tape coming out of high school.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jtm0097 said:

No, it was  an accidental puking eagle. I was scrolling on GMG while not paying attention to this project call that I am on. My bad, I changed it to an up vote lol.

I even thought what jackass would give a puking eagle vote to him. Then I saw it was me.  Apologies.

Apology accepted. 😂 Sorry, you always know where aim coming from. I don’t sugar coat 💩 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

5 hours ago, Andrew said:

Many players who put their names in the portal don’t even up going anywhere. I am just making an assumption he will be back. It’s just a guess…‘I have never once talked to him personally, so who knows. Just a guess. 

There is a 99% chance Jake doesn’t come back.

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

9 hours ago, KeithLee said:

**Warning Biased Statement Incoming**🚀🎯🔥

Christian is ready to compete and show these coaches what an asset he can be. Every team needs a Swiss Army knife. You got one with him. Need at wildcat option or double pass? He played QB and WR in high School. Runs routes like a receiver and has great hands. Great for 3rd downs and moving chains. Was he frustrated with playing time and scheme at times even though they consistently told him he was their hardest worker?  Yes! However, the TE room was packed with great talent and Coach Mayes coached him hard and really taught him how to block and fight through adversity. Sometimes a player needs to fail or have tons of setbacks to become great. The Littrell staff helped him more than we could of hoped for. It hasn’t translated on the field just yet, but I promise you it’s Coming!!! Coach Morris scheme appears to align more with Christian’s ability. The slate is clean and he has an opportunity to show what he has. That’s all we can ask for. #GMG

He's been my favorite commit since following! I think he's due for some serious mismatches! Can't wait to see, hopefully with an accurate qb!

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1