INTRODUCTORY PRESS CONFERENCE FOR COACH MORRIS AND AD MOSLEY - UPDATED DAY AND TIME

Harry

4 hours ago, shaft said:

I agree things weren't that bad with football.   I think the way you level up is coordinators, assistant coaches, and recruiters.  But now we are going to turn all those things over for another guy to learn on the job in a harder conference.

How did we have a real AD or coaching search in 9 days?

You can bet the coaching search was much longer than 9 days. The finalists might have been 9 days. 

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, shaft said:

How did we have a real AD or coaching search in 9 days?

Some people were demonizing our AD for NOT having a guy ready within 24-48 hours.  So whether we took 30 days or 30 hours, either you or someone else was going to post about how our AD failed at this hire.

9 days is the timeline from when we fired SL to the new hire.  I don't think any of us have any real idea of the entirety of this.  Maybe you're right.  But maybe they were ruminating on this since last year, compiling lists of candidates.  Consulting with peers and firms.

Maybe they started from scratch the hour after firing SL, or maybe they had it down to 5 candidates already.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 4

He said not to be surprised if there are a couple of more HS Head coaches added to the staff

Liked what he said about not rushing to sign players until he and his staff know them and they know the new staff

Made comments about wanting to build relationships with former players

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 5

Love love love the intro to the era of Coach Morris.

He looks to be the answer for those clamoring for a true ambassador of our football team.

But my biggest takeaway: The Mike-Leach-certified nickname he gave Morris during his time at Tech. He tells it better than I could and the story is towards the 44 minute mark. Who knows? maybe it'll stick here at UNT

Will Ferrell Elf GIF by filmeditor

Edited by eeeeagle
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Why was Vito so abrasive today?  If you didn’t watch, he said…”UNT has been going to bowl games…how do you think you can do any better?”  Morris was pretty set back by the question…surprised that he’d get hammered by an attitude of mediocrity so soon!

Edited by 2020 Sucks
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1