North Texas Football Staff Tracker

TheReal_jayD

1 minute ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I keep seeing Zach mentioned. I love Zach. But are we sure he would even be interested in coming back to north Texas and the college ranks?  He seems like he is working himself up the ranks with a dang good stable franchise in the NFL. He doesn’t have to recruit his players year  around. Doesn’t have to convince 18 year olds that the grass isn’t greener day in and day out. He just has to coach ball and enjoy off season. I understand we want as many alums in as possible. And I think we may have at least one on the way. I just think Zach has a good thing going. And not sure he is applying every time UNT has a defensive opening. 

Tea Spill It GIF by Cloie Wyatt Taylor

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I keep seeing Zach mentioned. I love Zach. But are we sure he would even be interested in coming back to north Texas and the college ranks?  He seems like he is working himself up the ranks with a dang good stable franchise in the NFL. He doesn’t have to recruit his players year  around. Doesn’t have to convince 18 year olds that the grass isn’t greener day in and day out. He just has to coach ball and enjoy off season. I understand we want as many alums in as possible. And I think we may have at least one on the way. I just think Zach has a good thing going. And not sure he is applying every time UNT has a defensive opening. 

I never see Mason Y'Baro brought up when talking about alumi returning.  I think he could check a few boxes for oline coach. 

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

If it's trice, he always seemed to be the more hype up people kinda guy better for the college ranks.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I agree. Zach seems to be thriving as an NFL coach, and that is also good for UNT. Maybe someday he would want to return to the Mean Green, but after his NFL journey is finished. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Are you saying you think ZO would come to UNT to coach LBs?  He already coaches LBs in the NFL!  Why would he do that?

You never know until you ask. His family lives in the area, he likes college football, and he bleeds green. College football coaches top out higher than the NFL pay wise. I just wouldn't rule him out. 

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Green with Envy said:

Starting to wonder if all these hires aren’t/haven’t been queued up all this time and announcing them daily to sustain interest and/or keep UNT in the news.  

This likely has to do with the official employee "onboarding" process with the University (being closed during the holidays, etc.). 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, UNT Mean Green said:

This likely has to do with the official employee "onboarding" process with the University (being closed during the holidays, etc.). 

I don't think anyone but Morris is technically official yet. 

• Upvote 2

From the Texas State fan board:

GJ Kinne has hired a majority of the UIW staff for San Marcos....

Staff Rundown:

HC: 34yo GJ Kinne - 1yr HC @ FCS, 2yr OC @ G5

OC: 28yo Mack Leftwich - 1yr OC @ FCS, 5yr QB @ FCS
OL: 34yo Jordan Shoemaker - 5yr OL @ FCS
RB: 24yo Kam Martin - 1yr RB @FCS
WR: 42yo Craig Stutzman - 2yr Co-OC/QB @ P5, 1yr OC @ FCS, 4yr QB @ G5, 2yr OC @ D2
TE: 29yo Will Bryant - 1yr TE @ FCS

DC: 36yo Jonathan Patke - 1yr DC @ FCS, 6yr STC, LB, S @ P5
DL: 31yo Mike O'Guin - 2yr DL @ FCS, 5yr DL @ HS
LB: Patke?
CB: 29yo Matthew Gregg - 4yrs LB/STC @ FCS
..S: 31yo Dexter McCoil - 1yr S @ FCS

STC/AHC: 41yo Daniel DePrato - 3yrs STC @ P5
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Green with Envy said:

Starting to wonder if all these hires aren’t/haven’t been queued up all this time and announcing them daily to sustain interest and/or keep UNT in the news.  

If it is, then this is also a stroke of genius.  Keep us in the news as long as possible.

• Upvote 1

On 12/25/2022 at 8:02 PM, Side.Show.Joe said:

Hey jayD, Can you add the S&C coaching position to your list? I know it's an off the field position, but it's going to be an important hire too. Thanks! Can't wait to see how this staff fills out.

Good call Joe. You must have knew the next addition was going to be S&C. 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1