North Texas Football Staff Tracker

TheReal_jayD

20 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

This has been a very popular move last few years. See Jeff Traylor Staff at UTSA, Chad Morris and Sonny Dykes staff at SMU and even Matt Rhule at Baylor. Bring in current TXHSFB coaches for postion coaches roles. It has paid HUGE dividends in recruiting. 

Didn't work so well when we tried this strategy for QB coaches.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2

1 minute ago, TheReal_jayD said:

You talking about the guy who was wrongfully accused of a horrible crime he was later found of not guilty of?

He's part of the equation.  I was mostly talking about that guy out of Houston--I forget his name.  Regardless, it was not a very good source for us.

5 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Didn't work so well when we tried this strategy for QB coaches.

Haha dayum you’re flying off the top ropes!  The charges were dropped for one thing.  Plus that’s one in a zillion type crazy situation.  Plus Eric is doing the vetting now so we will see if that’s any different (not that I blame Seth a ton for stepping into that situation). 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

Haha dayum you’re flying off the top ropes!  The charges were dropped for one thing.  Plus that’s one in a zillion type crazy situation.  Plus Eric is doing the vetting now so we will see if that’s any different (not that I blame Seth a ton for stepping into that situation). 

Sheesh.  Read the post above yours.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

He's part of the equation.  I was mostly talking about that guy out of Houston--I forget his name.  Regardless, it was not a very good source for us.

Are you referring to Blake Joseph who played at UH and resigned as HC at a magnolia west hs to go to Denton?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, eppy4life said:

Just recording here that the saying no right now will be complaining if new QB comes in using growing pains next year.  

I would rather go through growing pains with a new QB than wait for a 30 year old Aune try and figure out how to hit a wide open receiver in stride and not just throw it in the dirt

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

3 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

Agreed. Give Earle or Head a chance. Both have actual playing experience. We may not even need to recruit a starter, he might already be in house.

That being said if we could convince Sanders to finish his career at home I wouldn’t be mad

I think Morris will want a QB who can actually throw the ball downfield. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, UNTfan915 said:

I don’t know if anyones mentioned it yet, but it looks like Luke took UNT out of his bio and his name. 

1 hour ago, cousin oliver said:

image.png.e378d5a84fcab3352f3b4b7b339f27d9.png

1 hour ago, cousin oliver said:

He is the UNT Director of Recruiting.  Basically Seth's main recruiting person on staff.

People cry about Seth’s lack of recruiting and then want to whine when his primary recruiter isn’t retained by the new head coach. Yall make my head spin.

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1