• 3 weeks later...
On 12/19/2022 at 10:11 AM, UNTLifer said:

I received an email from someone this weekend and they included their preferred pronouns in their signature.  Is this common practice now?

Yes. I work in the field of HR, so it's probably more common for me, but it's a woke suggestion that people have tried to make the norm.

• Pissed 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

7 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

Yes. I work in the field of HR, so it's probably more common for me, but it's a woke suggestion that people have tried to make the norm.

I responded to the person and wrote "whatever" out beside my name.  It upset them.  

Jimmy Fallon Shrug GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

17 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

Ha! Oh yeah, it will piss people off.  In my world I'm outnumbered and would possibly be fired if I did something along those lines.  So, I'll live vicariously through you. 

It was from someone that works at UNT. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

15 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

A cis female coworker and mother was called sir in an email because her name is pretty unusual and somewhat gender neutral. I suggested that she put her pronouns in her signature and it may prevent it from happening again. I'm so woke I guess. 

I don’t see it as woke. I see you as a problem solver. Nice job.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Coffee and TV said:

A cis female coworker and mother was called sir in an email because her name is pretty unusual and somewhat gender neutral. I suggested that she put her pronouns in her signature and it may prevent it from happening again. I'm so woke I guess. 

What is “cis”?

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

14 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

what aren't y'all offended by these days? 

Never said I was offended. I asked if it was common. I find it silly. Civilization survived thousands of years until a generation decided this was needed. It wasn’t. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 1

7 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Never said I was offended. I asked if it was common. I find it silly. Civilization survived thousands of years until a generation decided this was needed. It wasn’t. 

this whole topic was started about an email. civilization survived thousands of years without email, too. 

maybe...just maybe...shit changes. 

• Upvote 4
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

this whole topic was started about an email. civilization survived thousands of years without email, too. 

Completely valid. We have also got to the point (regardless of side) that if we agree with the change then anyone who disagrees with that change must be wrong and too many people are treating those who don't agree as evil and try and destroy them. We have seemingly lost the ability to civily disagree. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 3

4 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

Technology?  Yes, I would agree. 

And no, I started the topic asking about pronouns not the email. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

On 1/8/2023 at 9:46 AM, El Paso Eagle said:

Completely valid. We have also got to the point (regardless of side) that if we agree with the change then anyone who disagrees with that change must be wrong and too many people are treating those who don't agree as evil and try and destroy them. We have seemingly lost the ability to civily disagree. 

You’re totally right and I agree with you but it leads me to a question:

Do you think the guy who received the email reply also started a public message board thread whining about it or did he just express something back privately and move on? 

• Upvote 5
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 hours ago, Quoner said:

Do you think the guy who received the email reply also started a public message board thread whining about it or did he just express something back privately and move on? 

Would have been better to just ask me directly.  I didn’t think asking a question was whining. I just find it all terribly silly. Take it as you choose. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

7 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Would have been better to just ask me directly.  I didn’t think asking a question was whining. I just find it all terribly silly. Take it as you choose. 

I didn’t think I needed to ask because I can read your perspective on everything that crosses your mind daily without even asking. If I had to know more about this topic, I’d rather hear the other side of it, but I don’t know how to find they/them. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

59 minutes ago, Quoner said:

I didn’t think I needed to ask because I can read your perspective on everything that crosses your mind daily without even asking. 

Fair enough considering I can do the same with you. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

46 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Fair enough considering I can do the same with you. 

You’ve posted as many times in the last 10 hours as I have in a month, but sure. You got me just like you got the emailer who offended you so much you had to log in and start a thread because an easily ignored autosignature hurt your feelings. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

See, again you missed the mark.  I started the thread to simply asked if this was common now.  The person didn't offend me in any way, shape or form.  For someone that can read my perspective, you sure failed on this one.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

9 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

See, again you missed the mark.  I started the thread to simply asked if this was common now.  The person didn't offend me in any way, shape or form.  For someone that can read my perspective, you sure failed on this one.

no...you started this thread so you could also make sure everyone was aware of your ever so clever response and how you really stuck it to the woke. 

one can probably determine "is it now common" from, oh I don't know...the rest of their effing emails. or do you only get one a month? 

I've received emails with bible chapter and verse in the signature line. I managed the maturity to reply without adding "god is a lie created by the powerful to keep the masses under their thumb. and jesus was black." but maybe that's just not in you. 

it's a simple consideration that no one is forcing you to engage with. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

4 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

I've received emails with bible chapter and verse in the signature line. I managed the maturity to reply without adding "god is a lie created by the powerful to keep the masses under their thumb. and jesus was black." but maybe that's just not in you. 

But that would be a mistruth, but that's on you, not me.

No one forced you to engage with this thread, but you chose to.  Very predictable.

• Thanks 1
  • Puking Eagle 1