The Phil Bennett Incident (Video)

Jonnyeagle

Y’all are funny.  

I have no qualms with Avalos giving Bennett a piece of his mind.  That late hit from Robertson was bad & could’ve ended badly for their QB.   Avalos isn’t an interim coach like Bennett was.  He should go to bat for his guys.  
Wouldn’t we expect Morris to do the same thing if our QB got nailed like that?!?  If he doesn’t, we got a soft coach.

I can already picture the same pissing & moaning on here about Boise being dirty if the same thing happened to our QB.

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

On 12/18/2022 at 1:45 PM, UNTLifer said:

West Coast soft football. Why I hate PAC12 and MWC football. 

Yeah the conference that has the Heisman winner and half its teams in the top 20 this year, who wants to watch that!? Buncha softies.

Edited by Coffee and TV

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I have no qualms with Avalos giving Bennett a piece of his mind.  That late hit from Robertson was bad & could’ve ended badly for their QB.

The video of that hit is on the ESPN page for the game in the sidebar under a headline about the teams being separated:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/playbyplay/_/gameId/401442001

The late hit looked worse than it was. The QB Green foolishly leapt two defenders from a takeoff point where he had no chance of going over them and landed awkwardly at their feet out of bounds. Robertson ran into him while he still was off-balance. Green didn't even get a second foot solidly on the ground before Robertson collided with him.

A QB leaping defenders at the sidelines is like one walking the tightrope instead of going out of bounds. If you're trying that hard to continue the play the refs should let the defenders play football too.

• Upvote 2

The Heisman winner that is so classy that he puts "FU**" and his opponent on his fingernails?  Not one of those teams would survive the SEC, so yep, I stand by my opinion.  They played weak OOC schedules and beat up each other.  Utah lost to Florida, USC lost to Utah twice, Washington let AZ St. beat them, OR got ripped by GA to open the season, etc...

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

The Heisman winner that is so classy that he puts "FU**" and his opponent on his fingernails?  Not one of those teams would survive the SEC, so yep, I stand by my opinion.  They played weak OOC schedules and beat up each other.  Utah lost to Florida, USC lost to Utah twice, Washington let AZ St. beat them, OR got ripped by GA to open the season, etc...

Well the people that get paid to vote in that poll feel different, blah blah blah, Oregon State just curbed stomped Florida.

Hey man, you wanna ignore good college football be my guest, I enjoy it.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1