Prayers for KD

Jonnyeagle

3 minutes ago, keith said:

So often the non-contact injuries are the worst.  Hopefully it’s nothing major.  

I can think of twice where he's left the game injured at the very end and i thought his season was over.. but then he's out there a week later. What the hell do i know? But damn, feel bad for his headspace right now. That's not how to end a college career. Poor man.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, emmitt01 said:

His impact is pretty evident to anyone who watches this team, but I think the true weight of his absence won’t be felt until we see this defense for the first time without him.  #legend

KD is a UNT legend, no doubt. I think we have been spoiled by a steady stream of exceptional inside/ weak side LBs over the past 15-20 years... all of them a little did it differently but I put KD right up there with Derek Akunne. I don't think he had the excellent partner like some of the other guys so he stood out even more! Everyone else overlapped significantly with another above average LB but it felt like KD was clearly a few steps above his teammates for the last 3 years. 

What was your favorite LB duo in recent MG history?

• Upvote 4

I loved KD

Best group in memory?

Spencer, Casey and Hurd were pretty salty. They benefitted from a DL that kept OL’s off of them. 

Orr, Akunne, and Wright were also excellent. I think Wright got overlooked because he played beside Orr and Akunne. 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, MeanGreen13 said:

KD is a UNT legend, no doubt. I think we have been spoiled by a steady stream of exceptional inside/ weak side LBs over the past 15-20 years... all of them a little did it differently but I put KD right up there with Derek Akunne. I don't think he had the excellent partner like some of the other guys so he stood out even more! Everyone else overlapped significantly with another above average LB but it felt like KD was clearly a few steps above his teammates for the last 3 years. 

What was your favorite LB duo in recent MG history?

My favorite group of LB’s was Spencer, Casey, and Hurd but a very close second is the 2010 group that included Orr, Will Wright, and Craig Robertson.  

• Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I loved KD

Best group in memory?

Spencer, Casey and Hurd were pretty salty. They benefitted from a DL that kept OL’s off of them. 

Orr, Akunne, and Wright were also excellent. I think Wright got overlooked because he played beside Orr and Akunne. 

Wright was also a converted safety and smallish for a LB.  Thankfully we had a DC that knew how to run a 4-3 and use a WLB correctly.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Texas Stranger said:

Wright was also a converted safety and smallish for a LB.  Thankfully we had a DC that knew how to run a 4-3 and use a WLB correctly.

I agree with all but his size.  He was listed at 6'2" and 221 lbs.  Kind of a LB/S tweener.