DRC: Morris touts UNT's potential at Friday event

Brett Vito

11 minutes ago, drex said:

Always potential, never accomplishment.

Generations of NT coaches say the same thing in Year 1.  I love the Morris hire right now, but this "Potential" stuff is a rodeo we've all been down...several times.

What they (the new coaches) don't realize when they are first here is the massive uphill battles they face with the local media (for attention) and the local HS recruits' coaches (for being a top-tier destination school).  Morris is going to walk into some local HS offices and find out he won't have first dibs on their top athletes.  What will he do if they disagree on which kids should come to Denton?

I want Morris to win so much.  For him and for us.  But it's going to take some serious hustle, and I am optimistic this is the guy to do it.  SL lost that hustle.  I'm not sure McCarney ever even had it.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

What worries me is some fans think we're close. This team is not built to compete in the American. We could win six games next year but we could also win two. This move should have been made a year ago to start the building process.

Yes it is…. But they didn’t believe they were.   Hopefully Morris can get them to believe.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Yes it is…. But they didn’t believe they were.   Hopefully Morris can get them to believe.

For the offensive side we are, but for most of the season the overwhelming majority here have talked about our defensive size and lack of speed being major issues for next year. I also hope Morris gets them to believe, but that's not going to get us bigger and faster. We need an influx of talent on the Defense. 

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1