Football locker room

ntmeangreen11

It is time to quit talking about and get it started. I have mentioned before the wt room and rehab areas are very small. Take these area triple their size and add to the IPF. This would create probably 7 to 8,000 sq ft to the main building for expansion. Move the score board and use the deck for games and events. A lot has change since the master project was presented. We are now in the AAC and NIL money is important!

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Move the score board and use the deck for games and events.

I feel like the AC expansion could even be done in phases.

Phase 1- Expand the AC toward the field into that "drive." that could easily be removed. With that expansion, the lower level would be an expanded/completely renovated locker room/equipment room, the next level (where the deck is now) is an expanded weight/training room, new covered deck/endzone club level goes above the weight room expansion, and old scoreboard goes away and a new larger scoreboard goes over the new deck/endzone club level.

Phase 2- Not sure where they would add it, but that phase would be the new offices for administration. I guess you expand toward the practice fields/indoor facility.

I feel like breaking into phases lets you get the most important parts (locker room/weight/training rooms) knocked out sooner than later.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

I feel like the AC expansion could even be done in phases.

Phase 1- Expand the AC toward the field into that "drive." that could easily be removed. With that expansion, the lower level would be an expanded/completely renovated locker room/equipment room, the next level (where the deck is now) is an expanded weight/training room, new covered deck/endzone club level goes above the weight room expansion, and old scoreboard goes away and a new larger scoreboard goes over the new deck/endzone club level.

Phase 2- Not sure where they would add it, but that phase would be the new offices for administration. I guess you expand toward the practice fields/indoor facility.

I feel like breaking into phases lets you get the most important parts (locker room/weight/training rooms) knocked out sooner than later.

Great point. Our existing building is nice just need to create more usable space. It was genius locating at the end of the field. We also very lucky to have excess land. Construction pricing is starting to come down. We had the top C-USA facilities now we need the same in the AAC. 

• Upvote 3

In the promo videos posted by the Athletic Dept last night you can hear Mosley describing the asinine plans of doing multiple corner scoreboards as he walks Morris into Apogee with his fam. 

Only at UNT would we look at all the big beautiful widescreen endzone scoreboards across D1 facilities and say, let's get a bunch of little square video boards and put them in the corners when we eventually expand Apogee.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 5

1 hour ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

In the promo videos posted by the Athletic Dept last night you can hear Mosley describing the asinine plans of doing multiple corner scoreboards as he walks Morris into Apogee with his fam. 

Only at UNT would we look at all the big beautiful widescreen endzone scoreboards across D1 facilities and say, let's get a bunch of little square video boards and put them in the corners when we eventually expand Apogee.

While I agree on the small boards, that scoreboard has to go down with the expansion because it goes a bit past it. I have been vetting for a scoreboard above or on the new AC but I doubt they’ll listen to me… haha

1 hour ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

While I agree on the small boards, that scoreboard has to go down with the expansion because it goes a bit past it. I have been vetting for a scoreboard above or on the new AC but I doubt they’ll listen to me… haha

The original expansion plan has 2 video boards larger than the existing one on each side of the expansion. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I know that was considered when it was announced that the scoreboard being placed above the wingzone was not going to be allowed due to its proximity to the highway, but it was determined that the AC was not strong enough to support the weight of the board. Maybe they can plan ahead and make that a possibility with the expansion.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, NTSU52 said:

I know that was considered when it was announced that the scoreboard being placed above the wingzone was not going to be allowed due to its proximity to the highway, but it was determined that the AC was not strong enough to support the weight of the board. Maybe they can plan ahead and make that a possibility with the expansion.

Yeah I remember Denia making a fuss about the wing scoreboard, but I think they should base the AC off of suites and put the board above them. With 2 smaller ones in the openings (basically add another to the other side where the one is right now) but renovate them for better quality.

I just don’t know why they would want the smaller scoreboards on each corner, it just doesn’t make much sense.

Even though these are a bit bigger schools and the scoreboard at OSU is MASSIVE, these are ideas that I like that we could definitely use.

44256C6B-DBD4-44DA-8FEB-9989A3C38B18.jpeg

ADCAF488-4890-481C-BB14-A0F16036CCC9.jpeg

21B5A8F9-2EB3-4E76-A76F-39933D854F90.jpeg

77B5DB10-622A-4235-8398-CC02AFDCEC87.jpeg

5217ADF6-2BDE-4F7A-A927-EF285E65AF2A.jpeg

5 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

If you look at the original plans, there is supposed to be a video board that is the same size as the current end zone video board in each corner. 
shortfall of funds meant smaller athletic center and only 1 video board in the end zone.

I really don't get the lockeroom talk...Not considering an expansion in this talk, juicing that place up can be done extremely quick and at a relatively low cost...

Turn every wall (maybe a green accent wall here or there). Install black ceiling tiles. Order a 3D 15x10 green and white highlighted SOW, mount on ceiling right in the center of the lockerroom. Get rid of the brown lockers and professionally paint the lockers green with white trim. Get wall accent green lights that shine from ceiling to floor and vice versa. Get green trim lights around the floor of the entire place. A weeks work and maybe around 100k. You got a modernized lockerroom. 

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Yeah I remember Denia making a fuss about the wing scoreboard, but I think they should base the AC off of suites and put the board above them. With 2 smaller ones in the openings (basically add another to the other side where the one is right now) but renovate them for better quality.

I just don’t know why they would want the smaller scoreboards on each corner, it just doesn’t make much sense.

Even though these are a bit bigger schools and the scoreboard at OSU is MASSIVE, these are ideas that I like that we could definitely use.

44256C6B-DBD4-44DA-8FEB-9989A3C38B18.jpeg

ADCAF488-4890-481C-BB14-A0F16036CCC9.jpeg

21B5A8F9-2EB3-4E76-A76F-39933D854F90.jpeg

77B5DB10-622A-4235-8398-CC02AFDCEC87.jpeg

5217ADF6-2BDE-4F7A-A927-EF285E65AF2A.jpeg

Agree it should stay in the middle. Troy didn't seem to have a problem putting their scoreboard above their athletic center. 

North_End_Zone_Moseley06.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hookset said:

If you look at the original plans, there is supposed to be a video board that is the same size as the current end zone video board in each corner. 
shortfall of funds meant smaller athletic center and only 1 video board in the end zone.

I just don't get that at all.  Why have the maintenance, construction, infrastructure expense to put up two 4x3 square boards when you could have one big beautiful 16x9esque long board.  You know the future of videography is high resolution 1920x1080 or higher video production.

If they're worried about spacing or the ability to put in another Club Level type product in the endzone, how exactly do they plan to sell those premium seats when the current CL is as empty as it's been in half a decade?  And as I've complained about in other threads, there's clearly plenty of gratis CL access flying around already.

Almost every away game I go to, including low budget joints like LA Tech, has a nice video board.  WKU has a nicer one than we do!  The only standard for corner video boards in CUSA and probably AAC is UTSA's crappy corner boards in the four corners of the Alamodome.

I truly think people here don't care because our GameDay video production is the ABSOLUTE worst I've seen amongst our peers, and has been for years, that the video boards are just an afterthought.  We can have both a better beautiful highly functional product to put video on, and a higher level of production on replay, promotional, hype building, advertising, and more.

Edited by Pavlovs Eagle
Grammar
  • Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

I just don't get that at all.  Why have the maintenance, construction, infrastructure expense to put up two 4x3 square boards when you could have one big beautiful 16x9esque long board.  You know the future of videography is high resolution 1920x1080 or higher video production.

If they're worried about spacing or the ability to put in another Club Level type product in the endzone, how exactly do they plan to sell those premium seats when the current CL is as empty as it's been in half a decade?  And as I've complained about in other threads, there's clearly plenty of gratis CL access flying around already.

Almost every away game I go to, including low budget joints like LA Tech, has a nice video board.  WKU has a nicer one than we do!  The only standard for corner video boards in CUSA and probably AAC is UTSA's crappy corner boards in the four corners of the Alamodome.

I truly think people here don't care because our GameDay video production is the ABSOLUTE worst I've seen amongst our peers, and has been for years, that the video boards are just an afterthought.  We can have both a better beautiful highly functional product to put video on, and a higher level of production on replay, promotional, hype building, advertising, and more.

2 boards the size of the current south end zone in each corner of the north end zone. Provides a great view from the east or west side stands. 
Not 2 smallish boards.

2 hours ago, Hookset said:

2 boards the size of the current south end zone in each corner of the north end zone. Provides a great view from the east or west side stands. 
Not 2 smallish boards.

The current South EZ board is awful.  If they want to have two of those in the North EZ and a nice widescreen higher resolution board in the South EZ, go for it. But it sounds like a waste of precious capex dollars to me and it's also a content bottleneck trying to produce instant replay content and misc Game Day content in two sizes.

• Upvote 1