A List of chores Wren left Jared

Tom McKrackin

1. Huge marketing push for 2023 football season.
  2. Huge marketing push for athletics period. Develop closer relationships with the local schools. Until you can get paid attendance up, extend free ticket offers to anyone with a student ID in Denton County. Bring back the ticket trailer and make it simpler for students to claim tickets.
  3. Increase engagement between teams and other students. Have coaches/players meeting students at freshman orientation. Play away games for all sports on TV's across campus.
  4. I do think we need to seriously evaluate Jalie's position.
  5. Basketball arena situation.
  6. Adding men's/women's lacrosse. Let's beat UT/OU/A&M/SMU to something!!
  7. Lovelace Stadium expansion.
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tom McKrackin said:

1 fire Jalie

2  retire replace soccer coach

3 finish out arheltuc center 

4 baseball

5 parking at Apogee

6 get a long term contract and buyout from McCasland

any more?

1. Not many care about women’s basketball (I’m being honest) so unless they win like 5-6 games for the next 2 years nothing will happen.

2. It’s not too bad right now, they’re in a down stretch and he is getting older with his outdated soccer styles, but we have better things to worry about.

3. That’s 1 or 2 IMO, but it’ll take time. A lot of time.

4. More like 5-6 I’d say basketball arena goes here

5. that’s like 1-2 on the list, that has to be finished badly.

6. Mac signed one and he likes Jared, this isn’t too significant.

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:
  1. Huge marketing push for 2023 football season.
  2. Huge marketing push for athletics period. Develop closer relationships with the local schools. Until you can get paid attendance up, extend free ticket offers to anyone with a student ID in Denton County. Bring back the ticket trailer and make it simpler for students to claim tickets.
  3. Increase engagement between teams and other students. Have coaches/players meeting students at freshman orientation. Play away games for all sports on TV's across campus.
  4. I do think we need to seriously evaluate Jalie's position.
  5. Basketball arena situation.
  6. Adding men's/women's lacrosse. Let's beat UT/OU/A&M/SMU to something!!
  7. Lovelace Stadium expansion.

YEP! Softball expansion should be in the works already. They deserve it, Delong has done an unreal job.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

I always liked Interstate Battery Stadium.  A recognizable name.  The company owned by a North Texas Alum.  The convergence of Interstate 35E and Interstate 35W.  Perfect.  

This is the best one yet.  Gosh, can you visualize the "Interstate Battery Stadium" signage on the UNT football stadium located at the heart of the I35 intersection.  A huge company should gobble up that advertising potential.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Matt from A700 said:

I, too, am Pro Pit, but going to the UTA game made me envy the other side. I'd like to see the arena on campus, though. Maybe they could build it on the grounds by Santa Fe Square/Traditions Hall.

That too is one of my biggest issues with a new place.  It being on campus is so key.  I hate never getting the true college feel over at MGV.  

• Upvote 1

What’s the deal with people wanting a ticket trailer? Students in 2022 can go online to claim a ticket. It’s not hard. You just have to give them a reason to want to come to the game and make Apogee the place to be. If you’re going to ditch the online system, the only thing I’d support would be to just scan an id at the gate and walk in, but going back to standing in a line to get a ticket? Come on, man.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

1. Not many care about women’s basketball (I’m being honest) so unless they win like 5-6 games for the next 2 years nothing will happen.

2. It’s not too bad right now, they’re in a down stretch and he is getting older with his outdated soccer styles, but we have better things to worry about.

3. That’s 1 or 2 IMO, but it’ll take time. A lot of time.

4. More like 5-6 I’d say basketball arena goes here

5. that’s like 1-2 on the list, that has to be finished badly.

6. Mac signed one and he likes Jared, this isn’t too significant.

That’s a really bad reason to let the program languish in mediocrity. I can’t see Mosley letting our 3rd biggest sport fall into despair. 

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Potential Sponsors for Apogee:

1.  Interstate Battery Stadium (although I think Mr. Green has never really given much of anything)

2. Winstar

3. Peterbilt

4. Buc ee's 

What about Ryan, LLC? $2.5 Billion company valuation in May 2022 with $630 Million in revenue in 2020.

If I were UNT alumnus G. Brint Ryan, I'd be pulling Ryan's sponsorship from the CUSA championship game and putting the dollars into the naming rights for Apogee immediately. The association with the sinking ship that is CUSA is not a good look and the AAC/ESPN TV coverage next year will put more eyeballs on our stadium than ever. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, C Rod said:

What about Ryan, LLC? $2.5 Billion company valuation in May 2022 with $630 Million in revenue in 2020.

If I were UNT alumnus G. Brint Ryan, I'd be pulling Ryan's sponsorship from the CUSA championship game and putting the dollars into the naming rights for Apogee immediately. The association with the sinking ship that is CUSA is not a good look and the AAC/ESPN TV coverage next year will put more eyeballs on our stadium than ever. 

Lol, no doubt the AAC is looking forward to having GBR involved in sponsorship!   No way he keeps throwing money into the cesspool that C-USA will be after NT leaves.

• Upvote 5

15 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

Market games, particularly home games to the student body on campus physically with signs, banners,  bands, cheerleaders, classroom announcements, spirit groups, sky writers, etc..

Also a Marketing strategy for the Denton businesses and make aware of all home games. 

Games were marketed and emails sent about tickets… they could do better with Denton businesses yes but students for the most part get posters for game dates etc once they move into apartments off campus or atleast I did 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, DentonLurker said:

What’s the deal with people wanting a ticket trailer? Students in 2022 can go online to claim a ticket. It’s not hard. You just have to give them a reason to want to come to the game and make Apogee the place to be. If you’re going to ditch the online system, the only thing I’d support would be to just scan an id at the gate and walk in, but going back to standing in a line to get a ticket? Come on, man.

Just to expand on this… we are a 40K+ campus I believe now… 50/50 live on campus or in Denton the other half commute into Denton.. the idea we should be able to pull 20-30k is laughable. If we have 20k on campus, you have to also figure they are working on weekends, etc… maybe knock it down 50% of the 20k on campus… of that 10k, you have to find ways to bring them in. Sorry but sitting out in the 100+ summer heat, sun in your eyes etc… we can say oh SEC/UT etc kids do it but those are schools giving students reasons to go, social events and mom/dad paying for school. 

if you want to embrace and drive students to going find things to get them into the stadium, food, entertainment, etc… hell do a random Dorm/Greek themed games or something

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, ExADofficeIntern said:

Games were marketed and emails sent about tickets… they could do better with Denton businesses yes but students for the most part get posters for game dates etc once they move into apartments off campus or atleast I did 

I am not talking about electronic/internet. I saying on campus, no one cares about emails out of site out of mind. The current students I talked with lately has said there has been no on campus presence. Even when there was it could have been massively improved. I want the students as excited as we can get them, reminded constantly. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, KingDL1 said:

I am not talking about electronic/internet. I saying on campus, no one cares about emails out of site out of mind. The current students I talked with lately has said there has been no on campus presence. Even when there was it could have been massively improved. I want the students as excited as we can get them, reminded constantly. 

A football game needs to be more than just a football game. Ask Jerry Jones!

• Lovely Take 1