Morris Addresses the Team

MGNation92

30 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I feel like if there was going to be a flood to the portal it would have already happened. Especially, if some guys were apparently planning to leave anyways. Not sure why anyone wanting to leave would stick around for a meaningless bowl games while precious roster spots are being taken elsewhere? 

Not saying we won't lose some, but I'm not too worried about a mass exodus. 

The guys are loyal to their teammates.   That, no-doubt, a culture instilled by Littrell.   They've circled the wagons and are playing for themselves (and probably Littrell).   I get it.

Watch what happens Sunday, 12/18 and following.   That's when players will leave, if they do.

• Upvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

3 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I feel like if there was going to be a flood to the portal it would have already happened. Especially, if some guys were apparently planning to leave anyways. Not sure why anyone wanting to leave would stick around for a meaningless bowl games while precious roster spots are being taken elsewhere? 

Not saying we won't lose some, but I'm not too worried about a mass exodus. 

You would be dumb to enter the portal before a bowl game. You only get 4-5 chances in your life to play in a bowl game. Why waste one to enter the portal early? The portal is gonna be there after the bowl game.

Also, the portal and signing day should be AFTER the season. So dumb that it is not. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2

5 minutes ago, MeanGreenZen said:

Also, the portal and signing day should be AFTER the season. So dumb that it is not. 

Just to clarify, it is after the season, just not after the post-season. The dates had to be early enough for players that transfer to go through the enrollment process at the new schools.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, MeanGreenZen said:

You would be dumb to enter the portal before a bowl game. You only get 4-5 chances in your life to play in a bowl game. Why waste one to enter the portal early? The portal is gonna be there after the bowl game.

Hundreds of players have entered the portal before bowl season. Why risk losing a chance at moving to a better situation to play in a bowl game? 

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

These players need to remember that only 43% of FBS players entering the portal found a new home.  It can be a risky move.

Yes, but we do have several players guaranteed to be in the 57%, if they so choose.  It's up to Coach Morris to convince them otherwise.

• Upvote 4

45 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

For me, it’s less about the quality and more about the frequency and timing I think they could work on.

So you would rather have quantity over quality??? Absolutely not.

Sure I wish they would post a bit more and bring back Beyond the Green (still bitter about it), but like JD said this is the most improved department by a long shot. 

It’ll be really good in the coming weeks, but you have to remember there is 1 staff photographer and 1 staff videographer and 1 staff graphic designer. We don’t have much, but they are doing amazing IN MY OPINION 

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, greenminer said:

If you enter the portal can't you still play? I thought the portal was simply saying, "I'm available." Not any requirement to leave or sit outl.

It is up to the school and depends on the individual. 

Once a player enters the transfer portal, the program the athlete currently attends is no longer required to honor the player’s scholarship. Even if a player enters the transfer portal and later withdraws their name, their current program is no longer obligated to honor their scholarship.

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 4