Outside world on Morris hire

Coach Andy Mac

• Coach Andy Mac changed the title to Outside world on Morris hire
24 minutes ago, GrayEagle said:

I didn't know of his accomplishments but after learning I think that he may be the man for the job.  The only drawback that I see now may be recruiting.  If he can find a quarterback to run the Mike Leach system, I believe that he will succeed.  If success comes soon, the recruiting should improve rapidly.  I'll admit when I first heard of the hire I was underwhelmed but the more I learn about him, the more optimistic I become.

If this dude can do anything. It's find a qb. Look at his qbs.. F'ing impressive 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

I didn't know of his accomplishments but after learning I think that he may be the man for the job.  The only drawback that I see now may be recruiting.  If he can find a quarterback to run the Mike Leach system, I believe that he will succeed.  If success comes soon, the recruiting should improve rapidly.  I'll admit when I first heard of the hire I was underwhelmed but the more I learn about him, the more optimistic I become.

I think the list of QBs that Morris has worked with is actually the feather in his cap.  I would be shocked if he struggles to recruit solid QB play.

• Upvote 5

Reddit r/cfb is not impressed. WSU fans say they'll gladly swap Seth for Eric. They hated his offense - too many lateral passes and screen passes. I guess 7-5 doesn't really win anyone over.

Note: not my opinion. I don't have one really.

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin
  • Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Reddit r/cfb is not impressed. WSU fans say they'll gladly swap Seth for Eric. They hated his offense - too many lateral passes and screen passes. I guess 7-5 doesn't really win anyone over.

Look at how poorly Rolovich and co. had recruited OL. This certainly impacted play calling and style this season in the Wazzu offense.

• Upvote 5
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

5 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Note: not my opinion. I don't have one really.

So here’s the deal….the PURE air raid is full of lateral passes and screen passes. Remember Dodge ran that as well. I hope that’s not what we’re getting here…but I guess if we’re scoring 40+ per game who cares how it happens. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, p_phelps said:

If this dude can do anything. It's find a qb. Look at his qbs.. F'ing impressive 

I keep seeing people say this, but to my knowledge Ward is the only good QB he's had. And Ward was given one other scholarship than UIW and that was Texas Southern. I think Ward is an extremely talented guy who fell through the cracks and has excelled at the next level regardless of the coach. Also, if I were to give credit to the person who groomed him it would be the QB coach, Leftwich. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Green Crazy said:

Pat was a pretty highly rated recruit, so finding him wasn't very hard.  And would you give Morris the former WR credit for that or Kingsbury the former QB? 

1 minute ago, Cr1028 said:

247 shows Mahomes was recruited by Cumbie and Haverty. Our current OL coach Randy Clements was his recruiter from Baylor.

https://247sports.com/Player/Patrick-Mahomes-II-21009/high-school-33394/

I'm just saying he was the OC there for several years with Mahomes.

I can't imagine he had zero input in his development or progression as a player. He knows what a good QB looks like. I'm not gonna guarantee anything but there's a good chance he finds our next Mason Fine.

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1

14 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

I'm just saying he was the OC there for several years with Mahomes.

I can't imagine he had zero input in his development or progression as a player. He knows what a good QB looks like. I'm not gonna guarantee anything but there's a good chance he finds our next Mason Fine.

I doubt he had zero input in his development either, but Morris coached the receivers while he was at Tech, not QBs.  Also, he was offensive coordinator for an offense that was called entirely by the actual OC who was Kliff.  

• Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1