UNT hired Washington State offensive coordinator and former Incarnate Word head coach Eric Morris to take over its program on Tuesday

Brett Vito

59 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

@aztecskinsold me on this guy in 2018 when he interviewed him and then watching him take that UIW program from FCS infancy to FCS powerhouse (partially finished off by Kinne) made it clear this dude was for real. Also always seemed like he would be a good fit at UNT. Feeling really good about this. 

This ad only cost me $100. The interview in question

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ExADofficeIntern said:

Anyone have a link to WSU players in the portal???

also, this could be a stop for a portal QB now with Morris… 

Not in portal yet, but WSU QB Cameron Ward followed Morris from ICU to WSU. He is a third-year sophomore.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Legend500 said:

I remember how happy I was when we got a coach who had an extensive record and experience at a P5 FBS school. I was also happy when we hired the young new HC straight out of high school.

Given the results, maybe this type of hire is the right one.

I was thrilled when we hired DMac and then even pre-Portland State I would've volunteered to drive him back to Iowa so yeah I pretty much stayed out of the pre-hiring debates. 

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, herewego said:

https://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/profile/42105-unt37/

That's my old main account, didn't get run out.  

Also the mods should be able to see your ip so its not like this big secret if you have more than one account, I'm sure there are people who got ran out and remade an account like you allude to. But is that something to be proud of man? Like does that make you feel good?  

You responded like you were that poster, which is why I was asking if you were this Gordo dude. I was referring to him, not you in my previous post, so I was confused as to why you responded like it was directed at you.

This board has had people who don't agree, but as long as you present your pov with actual substance and back your arguments with a well thought out response people will listen. Just look at his posts on this thread, can you really take that guy seriously? He brings nothing of value to this board. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

28 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

I like this hire for one main reason. This job is better than it was before SL got here. Morris is from the same kind of mold as SL, so I see opportunity for him to continue to build on that. With the right coaches, particularly on the defensive side of the ball, I think he is a good choice to build vs. re-build. For the first time since I've followed this program, a coach is not starting from rock-bottom.

This is pretty much where I am. After soaking this in....reading somethings about him...I'm on board.

#1 there really weren't any home run no brainers out there

#2 Fuente was probably the most notable....but does he have the fire? 

#3 I like his offense....I like the fact that he's built something from nothing. AND he left it in good shape

#4 If he's bringing his QB back to Texas with him....that's a bonus

#5 of all the candidates out there...he has to be one of the tops regarding Texas connections

He's young and seems hungry but he already has experience as the leader of a program and he was a coordinator at a P5

I would say the pluses outweigh the negatives

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 5

not enthused by the hire, but he has a personality it appears, so hoping he can rally fans to the stadium. 

Now he will need a solid DC to come in, I hope he does not keep Gush or PB's SiL. Clean house on the defensive side of coaches. 

See what he has at QB and build from there. Not worried about the offence. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Welcome aboard (and home) Coach Morris.  I'm looking forward to hearing your vision for UNT, your assessment as to the state of the program and the specific changes you have in mind (in the short term) to build momentum and success for UNT football.

• Upvote 2

• Coach Andy Mac changed the title to UNT hired Washington State offensive coordinator and former Incarnate Word head coach Eric Morris to take over its program on Tuesday

Two quick thoughts:

First, happy about the top 10 red zone scoring offense.  He obviously knows how to get points on the board.

Second, I am concerned about how he will use our running game which was our strength last season.  Will he take advantage or try to stick a square peg in a round hole?

• Upvote 3