UNT hired Washington State offensive coordinator and former Incarnate Word head coach Eric Morris to take over its program on Tuesday

Brett Vito

Living in the PNW I saw a few WSU games and they definitely didn't run a Leach-style Air Raid but who knows if the head coach determined that. Ward could be explosive one game and more pedestrian the next. Definitely a play-caller more wiling to be creative than SL. When they beat Wisconsin earlier in the year I liked they were able to win a Wisconsin-style game. I don't think this is SL 2.0.

Not disappointed in the least. But it goes without saying depends on his staff and who the QB is. 

We rave about McCasland but he didn't exactly blow the doors off at ASU. 

• Upvote 5

16 minutes ago, herewego said:

Oh I can take it all big boy 😘

Its not just this hiring change this has been an ongoing issue on this board since at least 2011. There are countless examples of users being bullied out because of differing views. We are in no shape as a brand for us to turn on each over. 

Wait, are you saying that's you? You made a sock account to defend yourself? Don't go RV and say someone hacked your account and that was a mistake. 😂

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Not sure it is a home run, but looks like a very solid hire to me.

My guess most of the naysayers on this thread, would be just as opposed to nearly any other choice.  Some it would not have mattered at all, just a chance to complain, others anyone other than their single choice would be cast as a major disappointment. 

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1

Saying the right things....

“As a native Texan, I understand the pride and standard of Mean Green football and I am humbled to be able to lead this storied program,” Morris said.

“From early in our process Eric was able to clearly articulate his vision for UNT and what we can do in the short term to build momentum as we transition to the American Athletic Conference,” interim athletic director Jared Mosley said. “As a Texas native, he has deep relationships across the state.”

https://www.bnd.com/sports/article269956527.html

• Upvote 7

I can get on board with this after initial wth reaction.  He's exactly fitting the mold that Wren/Mosley have been setting for every other coach at UNT.  

I also really like defense.  Our freaking name is Mean Green.  You can't be Mean giving up 35+ a game.  So just hoping he isn't just an all offense HC.  If he takes anything from Littrell's tenure, it should be that lack of focus on defense is what got him run off.  By the time he brought in Bennett, his rope was very short and just ran out.  Hit the ground running and give yourself a chance.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, gordo nation said:

How much you wanna bet either 

A) Fuente wasn't interviewed

B) UNT is so incompetent that Fuente wasn't even interested 

We get it and get it and get it, etc.

You are ether unhappy with the selection, or just want to dominate the board with your tripe. 

Apparently incompetent NT has not done enough for you to go away.  

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

Wait, are you saying that's you? You made a sock account to defend yourself? Don't go RV and say someone hacked your account and that was a mistake. 😂

https://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/profile/42105-unt37/

That's my old main account, didn't get run out.  

Also the mods should be able to see your ip so its not like this big secret if you have more than one account, I'm sure there are people who got ran out and remade an account like you allude to. But is that something to be proud of man? Like does that make you feel good?  

On 12/13/2022 at 1:06 PM, GrandGreen said:

We get it and get it and get it, etc.

You are ether unhappy with the selection, or just want to dominate the board with your tripe. 

Apparently incompetent NT has not done enough for you to go away.  

He's just a troll. How is it not clear that he's just trying to push people's buttons. Ignore him just like his parents have. 

Edited by Green Otaku
  • Haha 4