UNT hired Washington State offensive coordinator and former Incarnate Word head coach Eric Morris to take over its program on Tuesday

Brett Vito

7 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Strictly from resume standpoint,  Fuente was just a cut above anyone else. AAC 'ship (more specifically, a 'ship at the top G5 level).  multiple players in the NFL.  Some called him the home run hire.  I feel like he was at least the safe hire.

Below Fuente, I never felt like anyone else was a home run.  Everyone was splitting hairs about various coordinators, recruiters, and HCs at the lower level.  Eric falls into the same tier, again strictly resume here, as what I saw from anyone else we were looking at. 

So, off resume, I think we all want someone who wants us to succeed.  wants to figure this out.  That was. big talking point for Carthel, and why I was on board with him.  based on what JD is saying, it sounds like that is exactlywhat happened in Eric's interview.  If this guy has Carthel-level desire to win here, I'm absolutely in favor of this hire.

I agree with your take. If this is the case and he is motivated to take us to the next level he is a great hire.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, eternalmtg said:

If there is a transfer portal for fans, you need to jump in it. We'd support you 100%!

This isn't only directed at you but yall need to stop with all this, even if people have different views no need to actively try to get rid of them. Every team has fans that hate every move no matter what but are still fans. Everyone on here just wants the best for the athletic teams we love.    

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 2
  • Eye Roll 2

44 minutes ago, greeneagle1 said:

My only callout is we will be competing with GJ Kinne at Texas State for those current UIW assistants on Kinne's former staff. UIW will also want a new HC and coordinators that they can promote from within. 

Would you rather coach in the Sun Belt or the AAC?

• Upvote 5