UNT hired Washington State offensive coordinator and former Incarnate Word head coach Eric Morris to take over its program on Tuesday

Brett Vito

Just now, Jason Howeth said:

Here's hoping he proves something to us in his press conference. This came so far out of left field that we want to think it makes no sense, but if I'm honest, I think I have too much faith in Smatresk and Mosley to not hire the right guy here. 

That is, unless Fuente and Riley turned us down...

I think Riley turning down A&M for 3yrs at 2M per took him off the board early this week.

So the real question is what made them pivot from Fuentes to Morris?

• Upvote 4

Such a bad hire.

Underwhelming ✔️

Non QB Position Coach HC ✔️

Wasting Money on Buyouts✔️

Non Recruiting OC to HC✔️

AD Underperforming (ill start a gofundme for the banner this time around)✔️

Linear move at best, waste of money should have stuck with seth for a year.  

Get ready boys feels like 2016 again, except the uniforms are worse now. 

• Upvote 2
  • Ray 1
  • RV 1
  • Eye Roll 8
  • Downvote 34
  • Puking Eagle 1

6 minutes ago, Jason Howeth said:

Here's hoping he proves something to us in his press conference. This came so far out of left field that we want to think it makes no sense, but if I'm honest, I think I have too much faith in Smatresk and Mosley to not hire the right guy here. 

That is, unless Fuente and Riley turned us down...

I agree.  Seems like a reach.  I like him better than Perry but not sure he has the experience we need to elevate our program??

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

Sad day for UNT... It is embarrassing and it shows we're incapable of conducting national level searches outside of Texas. You'll hear in the next few days that he has "great connections to Texas" but many of us are too stubborn to understand that the true talent in Texas does NOT want to play at a school like UNT. You're fighting for scraps when you've got a program like UNT, and you'll see in the next few years that this hire will do absolutely nothing to push UNT forward

Justin Fuente was the homerun hire here but for small minded reasons, they went to their "good ol boy network" and picked someone like this. Extremely sad

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Boy! 2
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 31
  • Puking Eagle 2