Update from Footballcoop.com (Monday Morning)

El Paso Eagle

37 minutes ago, wardly said:

This guy's record looks like Littrell's, and the fact that he did a poor job recruiting at V.T. should be a bright red flag. My first choice was Perry followed be either Gillespie or Riley.

This is one of the most bass-ackward things I've read on here in the past few weeks.   
From the incorrect "record" assessment (may want to go back and take a second look Wardly... actually, I can help you because I have time:  Littrell, 44-44.  Fuente, 69-54), to wanting Perry as your "first choice"!?!?    Just backwards.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, MeanGreen2019 said:

Why are we throwing names out like Keeler and Perry, if Riley, Gillespie, and Fuente are interested? Wouldn’t we hear something about them? From my perspective I don’t think they are interested. If true, then we’re in trouble

Who is "we"?
No doubt, Keeler & Perry's names got out there because their agents wanted their clients to be associated with the UNT HC search.  Even if the interview was just a single interview.   The more disturbing fact is that a guy like Barnett would decide to run with it.

I'm actually very impressed with how well Smatresk & Mosley have kept this search under wraps.

3 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

This is one of the most bass-ackward things I've read on here in the past few weeks.   
From the incorrect "record" assessment (may want to go back and take a second look Wardly... actually, I can help you because I have time:  Littrell, 44-44.  Fuente, 69-54), to wanting Perry as your "first choice"!?!?    Just backwards.

What was his record at V.T.? Have you read anything about his tenure there? I want some one with Texas high school ties and a successful college career as a coordinator  such as what TT and UTSA  have. It may be backasswards but our last two hires had no Texas backgrounds and both were fired.

• Downvote 1

48 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

His class rankings at Va Tech.

2016-42

2017-26

2018- 24

2019-27

2020- 59

2021- 49

Memphis

2012- 92

2013- 90

2014- 78

2015- 77 (included Tony Pollard)

I wouldn't say Fuente is a bad recruiter. We would have been thrilled to have some of these classes.

As I was saying[ not], lets hire Eric Morris from Washington State who fits the bill as a successful coach with Texas roots.

• Haha 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I was wrong about his record at V.T. Just asking but I wonder why he was fired there. His record at Memphis was about 500 and much better at V.T.  I'm sure he will do well at his next stop. I just wanted a profile similar to UTSA and TT as our next head coach.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, wardly said:

As I was saying[ not], lets hire Eric Morris from Washington State who fits the bill as a successful coach with Texas roots.

I’m not sure if you are joking or being serious but he was only at WSU for a year. 11 of his 13 seasons as a coach were in Texas. All 4 of his seasons as a head coach were in Texas. His entire high school and college playing career was in Texas. The man was born and raised in Texas, lived on this planet 37 years, at least 34 of them in Texas. Could you please tell me how he doesn’t have Texas roots or were you joking?

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

I’m not sure if you are joking or being serious but he was only at WSU for a year. 11 of his 13 seasons as a coach were in Texas. All 4 of his seasons as a head coach were in Texas. His entire high school and college playing career was in Texas. The man was born and raised in Texas, lived on this planet 37 years, at least 34 of them in Texas. Could you please tell me how he doesn’t have Texas roots or were you joking?

Dang, this is a rough crowd. I'm 75, and spent all my life in Texas except for a couple of years in the Army and a couple of years in the Pacific Northwest (after graduating from then NTSU). Just spit balling the numbers, it looks like I'm in the same boat as Morris as far as "Texas roots" (and hey, I don't know about him, but I've got the drawl). Of course some here say he's never coached any quarterback, been a head coach or coached at the G5 level, so maybe some board members here have more to prove than he does.

• Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, eulessismore said:

Dang, this is a rough crowd. I'm 75, and spent all my life in Texas except for a couple of years in the Army and a couple of years in the Pacific Northwest (after graduating from then NTSU). Just spit balling the numbers, it looks like I'm in the same boat as Morris as far as "Texas roots" (and hey, I don't know about him, but I've got the drawl). Of course some here say he's never coached any quarterback, been a head coach or coached at the G5 level, so maybe some board members here have more to prove than he does.

I wasn’t trying to be rude and apologize if I came off that way. I genuinely did not understand and wanted to see if maybe I was missing the joke.

3 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Joking as he is exactly what I wanted but was not on my list. I think its a good hire but be careful what you wish for.

• Downvote 1