Update from Footballcoop.com (Monday Morning)

El Paso Eagle

15 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

14 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Yeah, I'm with you. There are really only 3 names on that list I like. If anyone other than one of those 3 are hired, you will see me become the very first #MosleyOut poster on this board

Already got the draft ready to fire up if this happens

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cr1028 said:

I mean can you recall a worse hire going in? I know the results after the fact were bad for Dodge and Mac but at the time they seemed like noteworthy hires that got positive press. Seth got tons of buzz dialing up plays while UNC was competing for the ACC title. Now, we grab the running backs coach off of a team that had the same regular season record as us? Not even a real coordinator? Come on. This is awful.

fire Mosley

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, gordo nation said:

Did you all really learn NOTHING from Todd Dodge?

Stop lecturing me, you wheat-chaffed theater fetus. I don’t get to make these decisions and I don’t have Twitter.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6
  • Downvote 1

Just now, herewego said:

This is an absolute nightmare, it's just like north Texas to not capitalize on a head coaching change going into the aac. I don't understand how anyone can spin this unless Mack announces an insane donation within a couple of days. Just pathetic mismanagement of assets.

Even then, how much money gets us an AAC championship?    ...because I'm not sure Perry as Head Coach does.    That's not a good tradeoff if you ask me.   I'd gladly tell Mac to keep his money if it could be someone else.   We've done alright without it for a while now anyway.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Emmit Jones hiring would be a slap in the face of Patrick Cobbs.

Kenny Perry is respected by HS coaches, but the schools where he coached were never outstanding, nor were the colleges up until TX Tech, and the jury is still out on McGuirre and Tech.

Very underwhelming hire if he is the one selected.

I also doubt this will be very exciting for those currently on the roster and will not be advantageous in trying to keep players.
Bring in a big name and maybe you get them enthused and want to stay.

I'm definitely worried that we could end up hiring KP, but not gonna' get too freaked out until it is a bit more than an Internet rumor. 

If he is hired, it would be a major disappointment.

Perry had 3 HS head coaching jobs, spanning 12 years.  His biggest success was during his 7 years at Arlington Bowie with 2 seasons of 7-4 and 5 seasons with 10+ wins.

After that, he bounced around for 1-2 years at various jobs mostly as a special teams or recruiting coach.   His highest level of coaching was co-defensive coordinator at KSU for 2015-2018 (a team that went 6-42 in those 4 years).

From wikipedia:

He began his head coaching career at Sam Houston High School in Arlington, Texas in 2000. After coaching there for 3 years, he left to coach at Haltom City in 2004. He coached the Buffs for two years before leaving for Arlington Bowie in 2006.

After a seven-year run with the Volunteers, Perry took the recruiting coach position and Director of High School Relations at TCU in 2013. In 2014, he became the cornerbacks coach for the Horned Frogs.

In January 2015, Perry was hired as the co-defensive coordinator and cornerbacks coach for the Kansas Jayhawks. Beginning in the 2017 season, Perry transitioned to Recruiting/Special Teams Coordinator.

Perry joined the XFL's Dallas Renegades as defensive backs coach in 2019.

On May 5, 2021, Perry was hired by SMU to be their Special Teams coach under head coach Sonny Dykes.

On November 29, 2021, Perry was hired by Texas Tech to be their special teams and running backs coach under head coach Joey McGuire.

• Upvote 1