Navy and Ken Niumatalolo part ways

El Paso Eagle

Depending on who we bring in as head coach and OC, I would call him to gauge his interest in being a QB coach here.  My ideal situation for the next head coach transition (if less than 12 years from now) is to have multiple assistant coaches on staff that are seasoned and ready to continue the positive momentum that got the head coach hired away.  You would definitely have to overpay going G5 QB Coach pay rate but likely well worth it.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

6 minutes ago, I Always Mean Green said:

I was coming here to say this. Go get him and revitalize the team with the triple option. So many athletes in DFW with crazy speed who can’t get D1 picks. Let them all prosper with the triple option. 

I don’t think that deserved that many down votes.  You are being a little optimistic that your proposed scheme change will get us to AAC Championship contending status within 3 years.  That plan doesn’t guarantee success and you need D1 athletes on the defensive side to balance it out.  Because you are playing keep away while averaging 24 points per game with that offense best case scenario. Also with half the new conference already used to defending that offense once a year when they play Navy, the unfamiliar schematic advantage will be minimal the first 2 years then essentially non-existent in conference.   I think we should in a run heavy spread formation scheme.  If the next staff doesn’t have a genius QB recruiter, passing game coordinator, and evaluator on it we need to maintain this balanced offense.   The only thing I MIGHT change is have a QB under center offensive package at 20% of the playbook.

*Only thing worse that being below 0.500 is being exactly 0.500 with a boring style of football with no improvement each year. 🤷🏾‍♂️

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

46 minutes ago, TalonsUp said:

An armed forces coach is shooting fish out of a barrel. He’s only getting players willing to do service for our country for 2 years. Not true recruiting, but I was wrong once

So he's playing on hard mode and still getting Navy to bowl games year after year and a 10 win season? Sounds like when he has a wider net to cast he'll catch more fish without the armed forces requirements...

Edit: 1 season of 10 wins and 2 seasons with 11 wins. And he's doing this in a system that keeps his linemen under strict weight requirements. 

Edited by Coffee and TV
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

So he's playing on hard mode and still getting Navy to bowl games year after year and a 10 win season? Sounds like when he has a wider net to cast he'll catch more fish without the armed forces requirements...

Edit: 1 season of 10 wins and 2 seasons with 11 wins. And he's doing this in a system that keeps his linemen under strict weight requirements. 

And a school that has not lowered admissions requirements to get players.

• Upvote 6