Jared Mosley is the new AD

jtm0097

3 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

so we wasted money on the firm to find an AD when the guy was already sitting in the next office to the old AD.  

Who knows how much it cost, if anything if they didn’t hire them… but let’s hope in those meetings they got ideas/insight from those who they talked to about how to improve program 

• Oh Boy! 2

If we paid a search firm and they presented viable candidates and Neal felt that Jared was the best choice - 100% behind the hire.

For anyone who thinks, regardless of the coach we hire, there are challenges ahead and we need to have faith in Neal and Jared to move us to the next level.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, rcade said:

Please don't let this be a decision Jared Mosley inherits.

I hope that Mosley is his own man and any guidance from the departing Wren Baker on hiring the next head coach was filed under "Outsiders, Advice From." This could be the single biggest decision of Mosley's entire tenure as AD. If we believe in him as AD, he needs to either make the call on the hire or be 100% on board with it.

Thinking the same thing. I hope, no matter how good Wren's list might have been, that Jared makes the call. This has to be "his" hire. Hopefully Neal has that level of faith or he would not have made Jared the AD.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Thinking the same thing. I hope, no matter how good Wren's list might have been, that Jared makes the call. This has to be "his" hire. Hopefully Neal has that level of faith or he would not have made Jared the AD.

I doubt that Wren had ‘his list’.   The list in question had to be built from input and conversation with many others.  Ergo, ‘the list’ likely has a lot of Jared’s hands on it too.  

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

4 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Willing to bet Wren & Jared we’re in agreement on guys BEFORE Littrell was fired.   It’s the applicants that came in afterward that Jared will have to evaluate against.   Kinda like how Smatresk compared applicants that came in after Wren left against Jared.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ADLER said:

Great hire. I hope Jared can now enjoy a nice bottle of champagne and relax by the fireplace while burning all his old noncompliant black North Texas gear.

He is now the Athletic Director for the MEAN GREEN. He needs to remember that.

I hope his first move is make black mandatory in every uniform 

Edited by p_phelps
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 3