UNT AD Search

herewego

3 hours ago, herewego said:

I'm hearing its down to Jones, Mosley, and Maggard.  

So, the AD hire is supposed to be first, then the football HC hire, according to how it's usually done and the football scoop prediction.  What happens if Mr. New AD just wants to bring his football HC with him and disregards our wish lists and research?  Does Neal have a vote in coach search?   

An AD hire is important and yes we need a good one moving forward...but right now I feel like a Football HC hire needs to be a Homerun and Great!  I'm concerned too many outside search firms and new outside people will mess this up!

...........................................................................................................................

North Texas: We're told Eastman & Beaudine is handling the Mean Green's AD search while Parker Executive Search is handling the coaching search. North Texas aims to hire an AD first -- by the end of the week, ideally -- before zeroing in on the football search. 

Edited by NT80
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, NT80 said:

So, the AD hire is supposed to be first, then the football HC hire, according to how it's usually done and the football scoop prediction.  What happens if Mr. New AD just wants to bring his football HC with him and disregards our wish lists and research?  Does Neal have a vote in coach search?   

The AD works for Smatresk.  A new AD won't have final say and won't be able to throw away all the work that has already been done.  

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, GMoney said:

Knows baseball, maybe he'll bring that with him!

While baseball would be a great addition to the department, it’s money pit that cost schools millions… with that being said, I would love for UNT to have a team and go out and pick off DBU or someone else’s entire staff as a foundation starter. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

13 hours ago, NT80 said:

An AD hire is important and yes we need a good one moving forward...but right now I feel like a Football HC hire needs to be a Homerun and Great!  I'm concerned too many outside search firms and new outside people will mess this up!

...........................................................................................................................

North Texas: We're told Eastman & Beaudine is handling the Mean Green's AD search while Parker Executive Search is handling the coaching search. North Texas aims to hire an AD first -- by the end of the week, ideally -- before zeroing in on the football search. 

Well it’s Friday… time to announce whose AD

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1