Not a Word from Littrell

Green Dozer

1 minute ago, meangreenbob said:

Wait just one second. This is the same guy who had no issues flirting with KST even before the ink dried on his second raise and extension. The same guy that held his employer, team and fans who had welcomed him with open arms hostage for weeks and right before a bowl game. 

He made millions off of us. He was not successful here unless you considered 40-40 successful and in that case you’re nothing more than a mediocre kind of guy. 

I hate that I'm typing this, and I hope that someday very soon it will not be the case, but the KSSt Head Coach job is quite a significant promotion from UNT Head Coach.     Why would he not want to attempt to "move up"?It's pretty short-sighted to hold that against him.    And, again, he raised the bar here.   It was certainly time to make a move (heck, even past time), but I have no hard feelings towards the guy.

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, Green Dozer said:

I was looking up Justin Fuentes and I saw where he had written a gracious thank you to the Hokie fans upon his firing from VA Tech. Given that he was the highest paid coach in UNT history and had more resources than any other coach, we have heard no such thank you or best wishes from Littrell. I saw where several fans sent their best wishes.  But then, he never said much when he was the coach.

Bitterness.

13 hours ago, 2020 Sucks said:

He owes us all an apology we will never get!  He will say something nice about us when he gets rehired…but I don’t expect anything else from him.

Insanity. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I hate that I'm typing this, and I hope that someday very soon it will not be the case, but the KSSt Head Coach job is quite a significant promotion from UNT Head Coach.     Why would he not want to attempt to "move up"?It's pretty short-sighted to hold that against him.    And, again, he raised the bar here.   It was certainly time to make a move (heck, even past time), but I have no hard feelings towards the guy.

You wouldn’t understand. 

Edited by meangreenbob
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

How can a coach lose so much energy? RV mentioned how much he wanted the job when he was interviewed, then all of sudden you barely want to talk to anybody? My gut feeling is that he played the system enough to get a check or Grant McCasland took all of his mojo.

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

31 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

Insanity. 

It isn't insanity.  The 2018 squad was the most talented team during his tenure and he blew it.

Then we played QB roulette and ran off Jason Bean (who was a spoiled brat but more talented than Aune), then we did the Ruder experiment, that was a fiasco, and we end up with a 30 year old that never really got much better...but by God, we weren't going to have another QB controversy come hell or high water.  So we watched as AA threw 13 interceptions, 38 touchdowns (which includes 6 for the opponent), and lost multiple meaningful games.

For 7 years, we watched SL stubbornly get beat on 3rd & goal, 4th and goal, and 4th & 1 by running between the tackles from the shotgun.  We endured horrible playcalling, countless injuries, bowl losses, SMU blowouts, and defenses that couldn't consistently defend the pass for the entire time he was the coach.  We watched loads of talent transfer or decommitt, to be replaced by players from FCS, JuCo, and 2* hs kids.  He gave us a taste of excellence...then lulled us to sleep with mediocrity.  So much so that hundreds of people question our sanity for firing him.

An apology for not delivering more wins for what he was paid is definitely in order.  An apology for not engaging more with the students is owed.  I see Grant and his staff at every football game.  Ive seen Seth at 4 basketball games in 7 years and he was using them to entertain recruits on visits.

It isn't insanity!

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 4

20 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

He doesn't owe us an apology or a goodbye or a thank you.  Just like he didn't owe us injury reports or press conferences with pizazz. People these days want it all and want it taylor made to their specifications. Just look forward to the new hire.

want to really dig into this, on a societal level? Here you go: People want as much control as possible, with zero responsibility.

#OldManYellingAtCloud

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2

I think if Seth were better at public relations (we know he's not. we've seen his pressers) he would have his agent do a little thank you and publish it in the DRC --- or at least on his social media. 

I was thinking about that silly "We can compete with the AAC" post-game quote from after Memphis that made me roll my eyes. That was clearly aimed at his bosses, saying "I know we sucked but we can compete with them next year! and like, please don't fire me!" 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, greeneagle1 said:

I already miss Seth

Too soon?

With this group?  No it's not too soon.  Everyone is too senstive.  It's business.

Now...We need a coach....So eyes on me....I'm gonna say it...Everyone's thinking it....But I have the guts to name the best man for the job...

Riley Dodge...

(Making a run for the exit after that gag...)

Escape GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by trud1966
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Unrelated to the topic, in the saying goodbye tweet, but one of my friends sent me this. It was after the game in SA at like 1:05 AM in the hotel lobby. The team left that night, I guess he didn’t…

I know it’s not that related, but found this interesting

F4E5F93B-347D-434C-B498-737C6C77F312.jpeg

Edited by NorthTexasSportsNetwork
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Unrelated to the topic, in the saying goodbye tweet, but one of my friends sent me this. It was after the game in SA at like 1:05 AM in the hotel lobby. The team left that night, I guess he didn’t…

I know it’s not that related, but found this interesting

F4E5F93B-347D-434C-B498-737C6C77F312.jpeg

That's curious that he didn't travel with the team for sure. Maybe he knew going into the game what the results meant. As in, not just suspected, but was told.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MeanGreenDan said:

That's curious that he didn't travel with the team for sure. Maybe he knew going into the game what the results meant. As in, not just suspected, but was told.

Box of pizza and drinking crown, apparently.

Yeah he basically knew.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1