Not a Word from Littrell

Green Dozer

I was looking up Justin Fuentes and I saw where he had written a gracious thank you to the Hokie fans upon his firing from VA Tech. Given that he was the highest paid coach in UNT history and had more resources than any other coach, we have heard no such thank you or best wishes from Littrell. I saw where several fans sent their best wishes.  But then, he never said much when he was the coach.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Oh Boy! 2
  • Eye Roll 17
  • Downvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 1

23 minutes ago, Green Dozer said:

Fuentes had just got fired when he wrote his!

Not even remotely close to the same situation.

Babcock said it was a mutual agreement to separate. Once it became clear that Babcock could not guarantee another year, Fuente decided it would be best to leave rather immediately rather than finish out the season.

Babcock said the buyout was negotiated down from $10 million to $8.75 million to be able to make the move now. Had the Hokies waited until Dec. 15, the buyout would have decreased to $7.5 million.

"I understand Justin's point that, 'Hey, if I'm not the guy, you don't believe in me, that we need to do this,'" Babcock said. "I don't want to paint Justin in a corner. I don't think he quit on anybody. I think his meeting with the team today was great."

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32643652/justin-fuente-virginia-tech-hokies-football-coach?platform=amp

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 2

Thank you sir may I have another! 

Is that what he should say? He was let go. He doesn’t need to give a statement. He certainly doesn’t owe the fans a damn thing. I’m sure if they let him speak to the team he would. If not, that’s on the university and he doesn’t need to talk to anyone else but possibly his coaches. Which they are 100 percent talking. 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

56 minutes ago, Green Dozer said:

I was looking up Justin Fuentes and I saw where he had written a gracious thank you to the Hokie fans upon his firing from VA Tech. Given that he was the highest paid coach in UNT history and had more resources than any other coach, we have heard no such thank you or best wishes from Littrell. I saw where several fans sent their best wishes.  But then, he never said much when he was the coach.

Drake And Josh GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, MeanGreenTeeth said:

I had ChatGPT write a letter for him...

Can you write a letter for a recently fired football coach (who is really mad that he was fired despite being paid millions of dollars for mediocre results) to the fanbase thanking them for their support in order to make himself not look petty?

Dear Fans,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you all for your support during my time as the head coach of our football team. While I am disappointed that things did not work out as we had hoped, I am grateful for the opportunity to have been a part of this organization and for the support you have shown me.

I know that our results on the field were not always what we had hoped for, and for that I take full responsibility. However, I also want to assure you that I gave everything I had to try to bring success to this team and its fans.

I know that some of you may be upset with the decision to let me go, and I understand that. But please know that I hold no ill will towards the organization or anyone involved in the decision. I wish the team and its fans nothing but the best in the future.

Again, thank you for your support. I will always look back on my time with this team with fondness, and I will be rooting for its success moving forward.

Sincerely, [Coach's Name]

Happy James Corden GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

Not even remotely close to the same situation.

Babcock said it was a mutual agreement to separate. Once it became clear that Babcock could not guarantee another year, Fuente decided it would be best to leave rather immediately rather than finish out the season.

Babcock said the buyout was negotiated down from $10 million to $8.75 million to be able to make the move now. Had the Hokies waited until Dec. 15, the buyout would have decreased to $7.5 million.

"I understand Justin's point that, 'Hey, if I'm not the guy, you don't believe in me, that we need to do this,'" Babcock said. "I don't want to paint Justin in a corner. I don't think he quit on anybody. I think his meeting with the team today was great."

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32643652/justin-fuente-virginia-tech-hokies-football-coach?platform=amp

Still, it was a class move by Justin.  Yes different.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, ADLER said:

Guys, give him time. There's still the shock of the announcement but Seth has always been a class act, and he's proven that he loves this team. I don't know whether he'll be at the Frisco Bowl or not, but I can guarantee that he will be cheering for his players.

Totally agree.   He'll put something out there.    He's a good man.    I don't blame him if he's still a little stung right now.

• Upvote 2

Seth Littrell doesn't have to say anything, but it would be a good idea.

In his position I would put out a statement reminding people of my achievements while subtly stoking anger among those who share my rage over my firing. And the first letters of each sentence would rhyme with "duck stew."

The accompanying photo would accentuate my Eric Taylor handsomeness and include the URL of my new site on OnlyCoaches.

• Haha 1

We just gave him $1.9 million to sit at home and relax with his family. I'm not sure what his career earnings from North Texas are, but I imagine it's between $5 and $10 million.

I'm sure he is not happy he was fired, but with the amount of money we have paid him, he should be set for several years. I appreciate his hard work and time here. If he doesn't want to release a statement, so be it. 

He doesn’t owe us anything. He did his job and was compensated appropriately. Things didn’t work out and now we owe him gratitude and contracted $. Thanks for leaving the program better than it was found and its too bad that spring board to K State or OU didn’t work out. He got some valuable experience and hopefully some fond memories and experiences. I hope his family had a good time here and that they are able to make any impending transition smoothly. He’s probably really busy trying to get a lot of things lined up and coordinated while keeping in touch with contacts throughout the industry.

Edited by MeanMag
  • Upvote 2

Guys, please note that it is Justin Fuente, not Justin Fuentes

We don't want to hire the wrong guy. There is a fashion designer named Justin Fuentes out there on the web, but he has no known knowledge of football, and he obviously dislikes our school colors as much as our current equipment manager.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

I mean can you blame him? And not every coach to get fired has nice things to say when they leave. 

Reasons for not saying anything:

1. Hes pissed. Was told he needed to win 8 games but im sure making the Conference Championship game made him think he was pretty safe as that wasn’t necessarily expected. And so he was fired which would make many angry

2. He’s embarrassed. Wouldn’t you be? People are tearing you up left and right which sucks but also everyone knows he was fired.

3. Because Littrell isnt a man of many words and never has been. Littrell is not someone who ever really said much and i think thats just how he is.

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Totally agree.   He'll put something out there.    He's a good man.    I don't blame him if he's still a little stung right now.

Wait just one second. This is the same guy who had no issues flirting with KST even before the ink dried on his second raise and extension. The same guy that held his employer, team and fans who had welcomed him with open arms hostage for weeks and right before a bowl game. 

He made millions off of us. He was not successful here unless you consider 40-40 successful and in that case you’re nothing more than a mediocre kind of guy. 

How fitting that he gets fired before our bowl game!! 

Edited by meangreenbob
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2