Why is this process taking so long?

Tom McKrackin

28 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

There is no way to tell where NT is in the hiring process.  They could have already decided and working out the details or be at the very beginning of the search for both positions.

IMO, forget about speed and concentrate on getting it right.  

Yes!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

There is no way to tell where NT is in the hiring process.  They could have already decided and working out the details or be at the very beginning of the search for both positions.

IMO, forget about speed and concentrate on getting it right.  

I think a hint is that current players have not started leaving via the portal.  They obviously have been either tipped off who is coming, or have enough interest to wait for the announcement and meet the new hire.  I am glad there has been no mass exodus.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, NT80 said:

I think a hint is that current players have not started leaving via the portal.  They obviously have been either tipped off who is coming, or have enough interest to wait for the announcement and meet the new hire.  I am glad there has been no mass exodus.  

They know they got it hood here but I know they still miss Seth!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, wardly said:

. . . Athletic Director who has never hired a head football coach in concert with a President who hasn't either.

You do know Smatresk hired Littrell, right?  I imagine he was involved in hiring football coaches and A.D.'s when he was president at UNLV, as well.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

You do know Smatresk hired Littrell, right?  I imagine he was involved in hiring football coaches and A.D.'s when he was president at UNLV, as well.

No, I thought our A.D. at the time did. I have no idea how involved he was at UNLV but you are probably right and I am wrong. Thanks for the input.

• Upvote 3
  • RV 1

13 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Mosely has been an athletic director before and has hired head football coaches. I’m not saying he should be the guy, I am just pointing out that he has some of the experience you thought he lacked.

I apologize. I was not aware of his background and just didn't check it out first. My foot in mouth. Thanks for the information. It is appreciated.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Moobs said:

Well, we do need someone to clean up this mess left behind by Seth. Perhaps they get to be the highest paid janitor in the state for 5 days until the 10 day requirement is met and they can officially be a HC. 🤷‍♂️

Mess? This is a pretty darn good situation with a young talented roster coming off a championship game. This is a good job that isn't close to a total rebuild. 

• Upvote 2

Is that who broke the news?  Where is he on the hiring of new coach.  Inquiring mines want to know.  Does he get his information in the dead of night in the parking garage of UNT.  HIs informant never leaving the shadows?

Rumors are this is the guy leaking the information.

image.png.deb9611d4e88520f5d7595f29e344cd8.png

Edited by southsideguy
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, MrAlien said:

Time is absolutely factor, there is limited time to pick up transfers.  I know the transfer window extends into January, however I think that might be to late with most school spring semesters starting.  

Many of our higher profile transfers have come after spring ball. Having a coach in fast isn’t an imperative as far as transfers go. It would be ideal to have someone by next week to have a little time to go after HS recruits for early signing day but I am willing to waste one HS class if it means getting a better overall hire.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

Mess? This is a pretty darn good situation with a young talented roster coming off a championship game. This is a good job that isn't close to a total rebuild. 

Def not a total rebuild.  But if it wasn't at least a little bit messy, then Seth would still be here.  We're on the up swing, but we need to hire someone that can extend that for us.