Frank Harris is back at UTSA for one more year

Mogambo

16 minutes ago, meaniegreenie said:

I'm not 100% sure I'm reading eligibility correctly (I'm never sure if I'm factoring in Covid correctly), but it looks like he's also going to have his entire OL back, including their TE along with their 3 starting receivers.

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/utsa/92683

I'm pretty sure they're losing WRs Zakhari Franklin and JT Clark. And 4 of the linemen are listed as seniors, but like you said, its hard to know if they still have a COVID year or if they are even planning on using it. 

It sucks, but I was more interested in the rest of the story: https://www.kens5.com/article/sports/ncaa/ncaaf/utsa-quarterback-frank-harris-holds-press-conference-to-announce-future-plans/273-ed8737a9-fc95-4026-9288-80e95ae75174

He's got the whole SA business community behind him. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, meanJewGreen said:

It sucks, but I was more interested in the rest of the story: https://www.kens5.com/article/sports/ncaa/ncaaf/utsa-quarterback-frank-harris-holds-press-conference-to-announce-future-plans/273-ed8737a9-fc95-4026-9288-80e95ae75174

I haven’t read the article, but saying he has the business community behind him makes me think NIL.  I haven’t considered it before, but some of these college kids who aren’t going to make it in the NFL will take a pay cut once they graduate.  That’s crazy.

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

Just for a little perspective, Austin Aune was still playing baseball Harris’ first season at UTSA.

Mason Fine graduated high school in 2016 and ran out of eligibility in 2019.

Frank Harris graduated high school in 2017 and will run out of eligibility in 2023.

Other quarterbacks who graduated HS in 2017 include Tua and Sam Ehlinger. He has become a professional college quarterback at this point.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, NT93 said:

I haven’t read the article, but saying he has the business community behind him makes me think NIL.  I haven’t considered it before, but some of these college kids who aren’t going to make it in the NFL will take a pay cut once they graduate.  That’s crazy.

You are absolutely right. It’ll be interesting to see if players like Bryce Young choose to stick around for another year.

1 hour ago, meanJewGreen said:

An ad agency and some spare local elected officials is the whole SA business community? Maybe he can use year 7 to win over USAA, Valero, HEB, Bruce Bowen and various Alamo Tour guides. 

(PS - would still be cool to hear from our NIL effort on what was done this season and what’s ahead.)

Edited by Quoner
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Quoner said:

An ad agency and some spare local elected officials is the whole SA business community? Maybe he can use year 7 to win over USAA, Valero, HEB, Bruce Bowen and various Alamo Tour guides. 

(PS - would still be cool to hear from our NIL effort on what was done this season and what’s ahead.)

Only things I’ve heard from our NIL efforts is that their twitter was hacked.

• Haha 1
  • RV 6

25 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Is that enough for a blue checkmark?  Or are we using NIL $ to pay the $10 for the fake checkmark?

Matthew Taibbi clearly has some upcoming damning information about how the account got hacked, stayed active and then got hacked again somehow. It’s going to change… everything. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1