Eric Morris

Wag Tag

23 minutes ago, NT93 said:

My top 4 are Morris, Riley, Fuente, and Holtz…probably in that order.  For me, Holtz is definitely #4, but I switch the order of my top 3 a few times a day.

I like Morris a lot too, my question with Riley is can he recruit? At his last 2 stops what guys has he himself brought in. I understand as a head coach he should surround himself with individuals to do that for him but can he come in and close the deal. I think Fuente and Holtz are fine options and would put my choices as Morris, Fuente and Riley interchangeable and then Holtz

• Upvote 1

He turned UIW into a good program.  After losing to Sam in last year’s playoffs he resigned and didn’t have another opportunity lined up that I was aware of.  I haven’t heard why the sudden resignation.  

1 minute ago, BBA1989 said:

He turned UIW into a good program.  After losing to Sam in last year’s playoffs he resigned and didn’t have another opportunity lined up that I was aware of.  I haven’t heard why the sudden resignation.  

Him and Ward were a package. WSU

3 hours ago, Billy Clyde said:

Why did he bomb his interview at Texas State, which is widely reported.

I repeat, Texas State turned him down.

I think we can do better.

Sometimes people (schools) are too smart for their own good.  I know of a high school that turned down a coach who was known to be good because he didn’t interview well.  Guy went on to win at least one state championship at another school.  The high school that turned him down has since been through 3 other coaches and have never made it further than the regional finals.  I don’t care if a guy can interview well.  I care if he can coach well.

Edited by NT93
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, NT93 said:

Sometimes people (schools) are too smart for their own good.  I know of a high school that turned down a coach who was known to be good because he didn’t interview well.  Guy went on to win at least one state championship at another school.  The high school that turned him down has since been through 3 other coaches and have never made it further than the regional finals.  I don’t care if a guy can interview well.  I care if he can coach well.

I know of a HS that turned down an OC from a state winning high school because he kept referring to his brother who was the head coach. The interview committee asked him "What have you done without your brother?"

Turns out a big 6A HS ended up hiring this guy a few years later as HC. He had a losing record there but his big brother ended up getting a job at a FBS school. He ended up on his brother's staff and continues to ride big brothers coat tails.

16 hours ago, SigmaGreen said:

I like Morris a lot too, my question with Riley is can he recruit? At his last 2 stops what guys has he himself brought in. I understand as a head coach he should surround himself with individuals to do that for him but can he come in and close the deal. I think Fuente and Holtz are fine options and would put my choices as Morris, Fuente and Riley interchangeable and then Holtz

This

2 hours ago, jtm0097 said:

I know of a HS that turned down an OC from a state winning high school because he kept referring to his brother who was the head coach. The interview committee asked him "What have you done without your brother?"

Turns out a big 6A HS ended up hiring this guy a few years later as HC. He had a losing record there but his big brother ended up getting a job at a FBS school. He ended up on his brother's staff and continues to ride big brothers coat tails.

I wouldn’t hire a guy like that either.  There is more to the example I gave, but I’m not going to go into it here.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1