I Hope our New HC has a similar attitude I read in Deion’s message to CO

zenhuddy

Not sure how many of you have read the speech Deion made (on this forum and worth the read). He was straight up of you wanna hit the portal get on with it, as things are changing in CO. I’m bringing some dogs and will be gathering more from the portal. And what will off season look like - we are going to be working very hard and I’ll be trying to make you quit, as there is no room for quitters on this team. 
I think this might be what was missing in Seth’s message? Seth’s family message was great stuff and has made a difference without any doubts but beyond that there has to be an expectation that it’s a privilege to play for UNT! And if we elevate your play to allow you to move to a P5 school good deal but you mission now is to leave it out on the field every game and honor this school and it’s goals. Sometimes I think we placated some of our players vs pushing for more and more for fear of losing guys vs your lucky to be here and we expect your best every game. Psychology and it’s role in getting the best of your team - X’s and O’s is just half the game. 

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

11 hours ago, meangreenbob said:

Rules? What rules? 

I think Coach Prime has a chance to do well, but I also know he has a knack for believing rules do not apply to him and he's good at pissing off other coaches. Will he get talent? Yes. Will his teams have anywhere near the difference in talent versus other teams that he did at JSU? No. At JSU he was allowed a lot of leeway because of the spotlight he was bringing to HBCU football. 

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 1

I think the tone you start off with for taking over a 1-11 program is different than taking over a 7-6 program. Encouraging the entire team to jump in the portal would be a bad idea. 

But if any of those kids want to come play here, I’m sure they’ve got some talent to help us in the AAC. 

Edited by Moobs
  • Upvote 1

If I heard that speech from a players chair, I’d have asked him in front of everyone if he could sit down and show me how to get in the portal.  Every question the kids asked was answered negatively.  He turned me off in a big way.  He made it all about him and essentially told them they were all soft and smelled like dog turds.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, 2020 Sucks said:

If I heard that speech from a players chair, I’d have asked him in front of everyone if he could sit down and show me how to get in the portal.  Every question the kids asked was answered negatively.  He turned me off in a big way.  He made it all about him and essentially told them they were all soft and smelled like dog turds.

I wish every kid in that meeting would hit the portal.  

Deion is very good at making it all about him.  He’s such a fraud.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, LongJim said:

He's coming.  Or he's about to come.  Or he came.  I couldn't tell from the video.

You should probably set your browser to incognito before trying to figure all that out. 

• Haha 4
  • Downvote 1