Who will be the next UNT Head Football Coach?

meangreenfaninno

Who will be the next UNT Head Football Coach?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the next UNT Head Football Coach?

• Justin Fuente
    • Gary Patterson
    • Garrett Riley
    • Emmett Jones
    • Graham Harrell
    • Joe Gillespie
    • Colby Carthel
    • K.C. Keeler
    • Eric Morris
    • Chris Thomsen

Just now, southsideguy said:

We need a coach now so we can take advantage of the portal.

Have you folks clamoring for UNT to hire someone RIGHT NOW!!!1!1!!!!1! actually seen the transfer portal?    It's a mile long.    There will be players in there for whoever the coach is, whether he's hired this weekend, or he's hired after the bowl game (I doubt it takes this long, but making a point).   

We should not rush any decision based on guys in the transfer portal, that's for sure.

• Upvote 6

I think they know who the guy is already but making they are negotiations with him. Like it has been said before they started the evaluation process most likely last year and I sure after the OCC games they reviewed it.  I don think they are starting from ground zero on this ( I hope not anyway). I think we find out by 5 today, we have interim AD who has a real chance of being the AD so I don't think we have to wait on that position to be filled. 

I not just worried about the portal I am worried about some of our current players jumping in portal because they don't know who the coach is going to be.  Plus the committed players we have to be keep in the process.  I see Arizona State has made on offer on one of our future plays. It much more than the portal.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Have you folks clamoring for UNT to hire someone RIGHT NOW!!!1!1!!!!1! actually seen the transfer portal?    It's a mile long.    There will be players in there for whoever the coach is, whether he's hired this weekend, or he's hired after the bowl game (I doubt it takes this long, but making a point).   

We should not rush any decision based on guys in the transfer portal, that's for sure.

EXACTLY. Yeah, I’d love to get someone in here to hit the ground running but making the right hire is much more important. This hire is absolutely critical and should not be made in haste just to get X player from the portal. 

• Upvote 2

My two favs right now for HC are Fuente and Carthel.

I don't think any particular guy(s) this season is a home-run hire.  This is just the ideal scenario (to me) given what's available.

My ideal staff is Fuente as HC, Patterson or Carthel as DC, Riley or Jones as OC.

Would be super intriguing to have Dickey as OC, though it's not going to happen

Also, get Jones here in some offensive capacity, and make sure he is involved in recruiting.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

On 12/7/2022 at 7:51 AM, Cr1028 said:

Well if that is the case why not call Bobby Petrino? He’s had WAY more success than Fuente at both G5 and P5 outside of a little bike ride.

Texas A&M: Missouri State head coach Bobby Petrino will interview for the A&M offensive coordinator job in the coming days, according to Chris Hummer of 247Sports.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, NT80 said:

Texas A&M: Missouri State head coach Bobby Petrino will interview for the A&M offensive coordinator job in the coming days, according to Chris Hummer of 247Sports.

I would bet that is already a done deal.

Crazy observation.  Reporters last name a coincidence on a Petrino story?  I think not.

• Haha 5

Two thoughts/names popped into my head.  I swear I wasn't drinking, on horse or smoking peyote.

1.  Larry Fedora: was a hot name for a while until his last couple of years at UNC.  Now the OC at Baylor, originally from College Station and just a random thought.  

2.  What if the decision has been made and they are removing the interim tag from PB allowing him to potentially go out as a winner and assisting with the improvement of his overall coaching record?  That would be old NT for sure.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programs.

1. I think the true finalist are, in no particular order, Riley, Carthel, Thomeson and Holtz.  Just a hunch.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1