Seth a candidate for North Carolina State OC

Coach Andy Mac

Seth Littrell

Current Gig: Unemployed (North Texas Head Coach, 2016-2022)

Other OC Experience: UNC (2014-2015), Indiana (2012-2013), Arizona (2010-2011)

Stats as a OC (SP+ Offense Ranking): 53rd (2022); 100th (2021); 83rd (2020); 86th (2019); 67th (2018); 65th (2017); 111th (2016); 7th (2015); 30th (2014); 25th (2013); 52nd (2012); 23rd (2011); 29th (2010);

It was just announced that Littrell has been let go at North Texas after seven years on the job and just a day after losing in the CUSA Championship Game to UTSA. Over his seven years in Denton, the Mean Green finished with 9 wins twice and played in two conference title games. They went 11-5 in conference over the last two years and are set to jump to the AAC in 2023. 

Prior to his first head coaching gig, Littrell was the Assistant Head Coach and OC at UNC under Larry Fedora. His final year in Chapel Hill was the high-water mark for the Fedora era as the offense (and program as a whole) backslid after Littrell left town.

Oh, yeah. Littrell and Dave Doeren just happened to be on staff at Kansas together from 2002-2004, Littrell as a Graduate Assistant and Doeren as the LB coach and Recruiting Coordinator. No idea what the relationship was between the two, but sometimes it’s those early connections that last.

The positives here are... well, just look at those offensive numbers he produced when he was an OC. In six seasons as an OC, only once did an offense of his finish outside of the Top 30 in SP+ Offense. Only three times in ten seasons under Doeren has NC State’s offense finished in the Top 30 (29th in 2018, 15th in 2017, and 27th in 2015). Littrell would also offer another former head coach to the staff, one who has a reputation for creating a family-centric program much like Doeren and Ruffin McNeill, and someone with prior ties to the state.

The negatives are basically just that the guy used to coach at UNC. That’s the only tie to that school for the former Oklahoma running back (class of 2000).

read more:  https://www.backingthepack.com/nc-state-football/2022/12/4/23493430/2022-nc-state-wolfpack-football-poaps-offensive-coordinator

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Glory to the Green said:

My guess is Dykes finds some type of role for him in Ft. Worth. They’re good friends and they’d be working together. That’d be my move while I keep my family in place and waiting for an ideal situation.  All speculation. 

This is my guess too. Take an offensive analyst job for TCU while still collecting a check from us for $1.6M. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1