Frisco Bowl Tailgating

Sig381

5 hours ago, Sig381 said:

Has anyone seen the event times for tailgating Yet?

try to maximize my experience.

Last year at the made-up bowl. UNT put on an event that had free food and Drinks. Is that happening again?…hope so.  

I imagine it will be a similarly set up which was actually a lot of fun.  Hust a shame we played the game so poorly.

• Lovely Take 1

On 12/5/2022 at 2:01 PM, Sig381 said:

Last year at the made-up bowl. UNT put on an event that had free food and Drinks. Is that happening again?…hope so.  

Tailgate will start at 4pm when the gates and lots open! Information should be posted tomorrow night! GMG!! 

• Upvote 1

On 12/5/2022 at 2:01 PM, Sig381 said:

UNT Alumni Association is putting on a meetup and a tailgate again. Tailgate will be in the same location as last year. Finalized location for Friday meet up today! Details should be posted tomorrow! Can’t wait to cover Frisco in GREEN!! Let’s Go!! 

28 minutes ago, GreenLady80 said:

UNT Alumni Association is putting on a meetup and a tailgate again. Tailgate will be in the same location as last year. Finalized location for Friday meet up today! Details should be posted tomorrow! Can’t wait to cover Frisco in GREEN!! Let’s Go!! 

Any talk about having a watching party for the basketball game before? @Big Z and I were just going to tailgate and watch it, but the lots don't open until 4...

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, BigWillie said:

Any talk about having a watching party for the basketball game before? @Big Z and I were just going to tailgate and watch it, but the lots don't open until 4...

Something tells me it will be great and details will be posted tomorrow. Just a hunch. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, BigWillie said:

@BigWillie We cannot get people into the lot any earlier than 4pm. I would recommend watching the MBB game at Tailgaters and then coming to the tailgate. We are working to get the big screen tv out there for the other games that are on between 4-8. We wish we could do it for both! 

Meet up and Tailgate detailsare at https://bit.ly/3Pgosvk

0B8CA072-135D-4D04-89A0-4F4A76A74E58.jpeg.a0b7fbe087b8f9434a27a1ab62cad68c.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/6/2022 at 8:03 AM, TCC Mean Green said:

The Omni Hotel is where the team is staying. Hotels.com has it at $305 a night!  Any suggestions for a hotel?

A lot of my colleagues stay at the Hampton Inn by Nebraska Furniture Mart. It's within walking distance to a lot of the bars at Grandscape and maybe a 10 min uber to the stadium.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

A lot of my colleagues stay at the Hampton Inn by Nebraska Furniture Mart. It's within walking distance to a lot of the bars at Grandscape and maybe a 10 min uber to the stadium.

This may be walking distance to Lava Cantina where Mean Green Fan Fest will be held Friday night. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

This may be walking distance to Lava Cantina where Mean Green Fan Fest will be held Friday night. 

Yes, they would visit Lava Cantina and Rock and Brews on their visit. It's definitely walkable. Also, they would rave about the god awful Hard Eight bbq.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, THOR said:

a bar will do....but would rather a parking lot

Last year the game was at like 2:30 and we got there at 8. Lots didn’t officially open until like 10:30

I’d bet if you got there as early as you do, nobody will be out there.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1